Options

Topanga Morning Light (Best web ever!)

gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
edited July 29, 2005 in Landscapes
My favorite morning outing Topanga State Park - taken yesterday 7/27. Very wonderful opportunities appeared before me.

30069441-M.jpg

30069448-M.jpg

30069451-L.jpg

regards,

Gary

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 28, 2005
    Hi Gary - Nice to see more great Topanga shots from you. These are nice but I really like #1!!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Hi Gary - Nice to see more great Topanga shots from you. These are nice but I really like #1!!! thumb.gif
    Hi Angelo,

Always nice to hear from you. I think I agree about #1. It was something special standing there seeing the light and then just snapping away.

best regards,

Gary
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2005
    Gary
    15524779-Ti.gif Very nice web
    But #1 is an awesome shot thumb.gif
    Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2005
    USAIR wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif Very nice web
    But #1 is an awesome shot thumb.gif
    Thanks
    Fred
    Fred,

Appreciate your comment. I'm going to take a closer look at the others I took tonight. Maybe I have another keeper. BTW - I printed #1 as a B&W and it worked very nicely IMO.

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2005
    I love rays of sunlight shots. Kudos for that first one!thumb.gif I only wish it wasn't at an angle, the tilted ground throws me off a bit. Still good stuff though.
  • Options
    TreehuggerTreehugger Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2005
    The last one with the sun lit spider web is quite something. Simple symmetrical composition and it works. Great shots
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    I love rays of sunlight shots. Kudos for that first one!thumb.gif I only wish it wasn't at an angle, the tilted ground throws me off a bit. Still good stuff though.
    I understand your comment and can see what you mean, but to me that tilted part mixed with the different tree angles creates a strange furtive quality. a weird energy.

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2005
    Treehugger wrote:
    The last one with the sun lit spider web is quite something. Simple symmetrical composition and it works. Great shots
    I'm very glad I was looking around and paying attention, but I guess that's what we all try to do.

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 29, 2005
    The rays in #1 are indeed dramatic, but I have to agree with previous posters - the photo would be better without the tilted horizon. And the web in #3 is just as spectacular!

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 29, 2005
    another pat on the back...

Gary I love the angle you chose for #1; combined with the sunlight and the oddly shaped trees (especially the one in the foregrouond) helps frame a picture full of fantasy. thumb.gif
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    Love that first one!!!! thumb.gif Superb! clap.gif

AJ
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    Very nice shots Gary! Way to go. Excellent lighting on the first. I know it's hard to capture those webs like you did here...very nice!clap.gif
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2005
    annnna8888 wrote:
    The rays in #1 are indeed dramatic, but I have to agree with previous posters - the photo would be better without the tilted horizon. And the web in #3 is just as spectacular!

Ana
    Ana,

Thanks for the comment. I really like your Lonely Country Road with Trees shot.
    BTW - It is not actually a tilted horizon. I took the shot on a fairly steep slope.

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    another pat on the back...

Gary I love the angle you chose for #1; combined with the sunlight and the oddly shaped trees (especially the one in the foregrouond) helps frame a picture full of fantasy. thumb.gif
    Angelo,

Thanks again for the validation.

Gary