How to change camera owner

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited January 17, 2010 in Cameras
Good Evening Folks,
How do you change a camera owners name in the shooting information file ? I can do it with jpegs, but when I open RAW files in DPP, it shows the original owner's name, and I can't change any information. Thank you :thumb
Have a good evening :D
Jim...

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited January 16, 2010
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Evening Folks,
    How do you change a camera owners name in the shooting information file ? I can do it with jpegs, but when I open RAW files in DPP, it shows the original owner's name, and I can't change any information. Thank you thumb.gif
    Have a good evening :D
    Jim...

Jim, RAW files are difficult to change EXIF and "Maker Note" information (Metadata). This is intentional and protects the owner/original shooter copyright.

You should change the user information in the camera so that it correctly records the user information into the RAW files. In order to change the user information in the 1D MKIII you use the "EOS Utilities" software with the camera connected to the computer via USB. Find the user name in the "Camera Settings" and change the name to your name or business name.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Jim, RAW files are difficult to change EXIF and "Maker Note" information (Metadata). This is intentional and protects the owner/original shooter copyright.

You should change the user information in the camera so that it correctly records the user information into the RAW files. In order to change the user information in the 1D MKIII you use the "EOS Utilities" software with the camera connected to the computer via USB. Find the user name in the "Camera Settings" and change the name to your name or business name.
    Good Morning Ziggy,
    Thank you very much thumb.gif
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...