766312677_tTNrC-M.jpg#1

766312926_kXjtm-M.jpg#2

Comments

• chainchain Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    766323785_XSi7Y-M.jpg
  • craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    I like #1. It's a nice arrangement of round shapes and I like the gritty B&W look.

The others are okay but they don't really move me. I think part of what I like about #1 is that I can't really tell what the subject is. I don't know exactly what the others are either, but they're obviously some sort of measuring or ranging device. Doesn't Redfield make rifle scopes?
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    Agree with above- love #1 - lovely composition - like the age effect processing.

Brian v.
  • paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    I agree as well. #1 is good both because of the composition and because it shows something you don't see normally.
  • chainchain Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    Thanks all!

I like #1 best as well.
  • mehampsonmehampson Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    I agree with the above thoughts, and I think you could bring #2 up to par with #1 pretty easily. The problem is the angle of view: it's slightly crooked, with the sight tipping just a bit away. How about reshooting it straight on, so the range marks are perfectly horizontal and the sight isn't tipped away at all, but otherwise with the same composition?
  • DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2010
    Lovely shots, both of them, I love machinery in vintage form and you captured that feeling well.