Options

Found my new wedding transportation (if I had the money)

BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
edited January 22, 2010 in Weddings
Cure for the...do I have all my equiptment OCD...The Ford f150 with RFID Tool Tracker...

http://www.boingboing.net/images/FordWorkSolutions%20truck%20rfid.JPG

Comments

• Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    Blurmore wrote:
    Cure for the...do I have all my equiptment OCD...The Ford f150 with RFID Tool Tracker...

http://www.boingboing.net/images/FordWorkSolutions%20truck%20rfid.JPG

Wow.... that's um... interesting.

of course, pen and paper are a lot cheaper :)
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2010
    Are you suggesting a checklist??? PSHHH...I don't have time for no stinkin checklist. (and I've all but forgotten how to use this ancient tool you call "pen" and "paper")
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    Blurmore wrote:
    Are you suggesting a checklist??? PSHHH...I don't have time for no stinkin checklist. (and I've all but forgotten how to use this ancient tool you call "pen" and "paper")

Haha!!!

I'd lose my own head if it wasn't attached most of the time, I write EVERYTHING down.

Of course, as per usual of losing things, I lose the list....

Me? I'd forget to program the thing before I left so it wouldn't do me a lick of good.
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    I find it is much easier to reboot the analog solution as well as much more inexpensive to add more memory. Freaks everyone out that I do notes and such with paper when I have two computers on my desk.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    WHOA. I'm embarrassed to say I could really use one of those! :)
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    If the degree to which the copywriter pays attention to detail is extended to the product itself .... I don't know if I would want this. I spotted at least one typo in the ad copy.

But, all that aside, that would be cool, epscially if one could use the device(s) in a "normal" car as well. Not too sure I would want to pony up the $$ for the the F-150 just to use the RFID tracker system.

As for the pencil & paper solution - I didn't use to have to resort to such mundane tools, just remember it all. But, I'm finding the gray cells aren't working as well as they used to :Dmwink.gif
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    If the degree to which the copywriter pays attention to detail is extended to the product itself .... I don't know if I would want this. I spotted at least one typo in the ad copy.

But, all that aside, that would be cool, epscially if one could use the device(s) in a "normal" car as well. Not too sure I would want to pony up the $$ for the the F-150 just to use the RFID tracker system.

As for the pencil & paper solution - I didn't use to have to resort to such mundane tools, just remember it all. But, I'm finding the gray cells aren't working as well as they used to :Dmwink.gif

Welcome to my world. If it ain't written down - it ain't gonna happen!ne_nau.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    Blurmore wrote:

Is that the system that utilizes repeated pounding of an elongated metal rod with a tapered end in an endeavor to create an assortment of notches and grooves in a slab of natural stone? I've heard of this before....

:D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2010
    I think the concept is interesting and could be a real life saver.

Of course I have no idea who is in charge of their marketing. Is this only available in a Ford150? Where can you buy it? The big question............how much does the D$&^M thing cost??????

I am getting the idea that if you have to ask who much is it. You can't afford it.

Sam
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2010
    I have since learned that it will be available on the much more rad and parkable Transit Connect (Interconnect). I'm actually in talks with my local Ford dealer, and the system seems like it will be a 1200 dollar add on once available. The backseat model would be the perfect wedding photographer vehicle, 4 ft 11 inch ceilings and low load floor would be tall enough to store lights mounted to stands, standing UP! Backseat would be for assistants, as my primary camera ALWAYS ride shotgun.