Options

watermarking/batch

GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited January 19, 2010 in Finishing School
Hi!

I have photoshop CS4; Is there a way to create an action to watermark my pictures or maybe batch process so they are all watermarked? Hope i am explaining it correctly.

Thanks!
GG

Comments

• Options
    Thunder RabbitThunder Rabbit Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    Howdy.

Create your watermark as a PSD with transparency. Then create an action using the "Place" command to import your watermark. Then run the action on your batch.
    Peace,
    Lee

Thunder Rabbit GRFX
    www.thunderrabbitgrfx.com
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2010
    Howdy.

Create your watermark as a PSD with transparency. Then create an action using the "Place" command to import your watermark. Then run the action on your batch.

Blank!headscratch.gif I did the place action, it put lines across my watermark, then what next? I selected a picture and it placed the pic on the watermark, but the pic was really small ??? headscratch.gif
    I guess time to google! Laughing.gif
    Thanks Thunder!
    GG
  • Options
    Thunder RabbitThunder Rabbit Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    Hi, Gem Gem.

The action should place the watermark on the image, not the image on the watermark. The watermark will come in with the diagonal lines. You must hit enter to and the lines will disappear.

Here are the basic steps from a tutorial I posted a few weeks ago. It seems it is no longer available on the forum.

A. CREATE THE WATERMARK

1. Open a typical image that hasn’t been cropped and duplicate it. 2. On the duplicate, create your watermark.
    3. Delete the background image. This should leave the watermark over a checkerboard pattern. You should have one text layer (most likely with effects). Nothing else. Rasterize it. (Right click on the layer in the Layers palette. It’s there.)
    4. Open you rulers (Ctrl+R), right click on the ruler and select “Percentage”.
    5. Crop the image square to the short dimension of the image.
    6. Set 2 guides, one vertical, one horizontal, both at 50%. The guides will divide the image into four equal quadrants, and their intersection is the exact center of the image. To set the watermark bottom left, move the watermark to the bottom left corner of the top right quadrant. To set the watermark bottom right, move the watermark to the bottom right corner of the top left quadrant.
    7. Save the image where you can find it.

B. CREATE THE ACTION
    1. Create another duplicate of the original. (When programming actions, I’ve found it safe not to work with originals. Bad things can happen. Especially if there is a “Save”, “Save as”, or “Close” in the action.)
    2. Create a new action in the actions palette.
    Make sure you are recording.
    Note: You might want your first step to be “Duplicate”. It depends on your workflow.
    1. Place the watermark you create above. Menu>File>Place. A browser window opens. Find your watermark and select it. It appears as a smart object on your image. It will have diagonal and boundary lines. Double click on it or hit “Enter”.
    2. Move the watermark to where you want it.
    3. At this point, the watermark is scaled and positioned, and all that is left to do is Save and Close.
    Stop recording.

Hope this helps.
    Peace,
    Lee

Thunder Rabbit GRFX
    www.thunderrabbitgrfx.com
  • Options
    tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    D/L Faststone resizer for free.... It comes with a watermark tool...
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2010
    Hi, Gem Gem.

The action should place the watermark on the image, not the image on the watermark. The watermark will come in with the diagonal lines. You must hit enter to and the lines will disappear.

Here are the basic steps from a tutorial I posted a few weeks ago. It seems it is no longer available on the forum.

A. CREATE THE WATERMARK

1. Open a typical image that hasn’t been cropped and duplicate it. 2. On the duplicate, create your watermark.
    3. Delete the background image. This should leave the watermark over a checkerboard pattern. You should have one text layer (most likely with effects). Nothing else. Rasterize it. (Right click on the layer in the Layers palette. It’s there.)
    4. Open you rulers (Ctrl+R), right click on the ruler and select “Percentage”.
    5. Crop the image square to the short dimension of the image.
    6. Set 2 guides, one vertical, one horizontal, both at 50%. The guides will divide the image into four equal quadrants, and their intersection is the exact center of the image. To set the watermark bottom left, move the watermark to the bottom left corner of the top right quadrant. To set the watermark bottom right, move the watermark to the bottom right corner of the top left quadrant.
    7. Save the image where you can find it.

B. CREATE THE ACTION
    1. Create another duplicate of the original. (When programming actions, I’ve found it safe not to work with originals. Bad things can happen. Especially if there is a “Save”, “Save as”, or “Close” in the action.)
    2. Create a new action in the actions palette.
    Make sure you are recording.
    Note: You might want your first step to be “Duplicate”. It depends on your workflow.
    1. Place the watermark you create above. Menu>File>Place. A browser window opens. Find your watermark and select it. It appears as a smart object on your image. It will have diagonal and boundary lines. Double click on it or hit “Enter”.
    2. Move the watermark to where you want it.
    3. At this point, the watermark is scaled and positioned, and all that is left to do is Save and Close.
    Stop recording.

Hope this helps.
    Awesome!! I am trying this tonight as soon as the lil' ones go to bed!
    Thank you for your time Thunder!
    GG
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    If you have a Pro account on SmugMug you can have it apply the watermark when being displayed.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact