p572159106-4.jpg

Thanks for looking.
I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
Website / Flickr

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    Nice capture. It's an evocative picture, for sure.....which, for me, spells success. Cood composition as well.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    Makes me wonder: how many sets of footprints go to the phone and how many leave the phone...

Nice catch!
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    You did a wonderful job with this thumb.gif I agree with Tom...it's an evocative photo.

Do your phones like this still work up there? I've come across a few of them down here, but they've been shut down.
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    Given the lingo in the cell phone world we live in now, "dropped call" would be a cool play on words. Nice catch. thumb.gif
  • christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    Given the lingo in the cell phone world we live in now, "dropped call" would be a cool play on words. Nice catch. thumb.gif

That was my thought, too! I love the potential story(ies) this photograph tells. thumb.gif
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    the emptiness and the 911 sign make for great juxtaposition.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    I like everything about this. I wonder if the wind blew the phone off the hook? It speaks so much...no pun intended:D
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    Thanks everybody for the kind comments. I'm new to this world of creating polysemic images that trigger all sorts of ideas/questions in the viewer. When I got home I realized that I could've thrown a glove or a scarf near the payphone to add a human touch. I'm still happy with the results as is.
    Dogdots wrote:
    Do your phones like this still work up there? I've come across a few of them down here, but they've been shut down.
    Honestly, I haven't used one of these in years. This one in particular did work, and it's a good thing because this place is a bit isolated.
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr