Options

#42 - feedback request

oldtown_dreameroldtown_dreamer Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited January 17, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
i ran into the little league try-outs yesterday. i loved the girls, all girly-girl but serious about the game. i was sorry to sacrifice the pinks and pastels and happy colors they were wearing, but on this one image i think the BW treatment works. i love their faces. they're about to face the batting trial, and they're ready for it.

thoughts?

ready for battle
767056195_LJwSC-L.jpg

- Diana

Comments

• Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    i ran into the little league try-outs yesterday. i loved the girls, all girly-girl but serious about the game. i was sorry to sacrifice the pinks and pastels and happy colors they were wearing, but on this one image i think the BW treatment works. i love their faces. they're about to face the batting trial, and they're ready for it.

thoughts?

ready for battle

If you have a similar chance try getting low with the camera and angle up, instead of looking down on them they would appear larger than life going with your title.
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2010
    If you have a similar chance try getting low with the camera and angle up, instead of looking down on them they would appear larger than life going with your title.

thanks! i'll keep that in mind if i ever am in a similar situation. you're totally right, that angle would've made them even more impressive. maybe i'll just change the title?

- Diana
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    I like the title.

I suggest considering a square crop whereby you take off the left third or so. Now the emphasis is on the two closest girls with still some in the background, but without the one centered girl (which feels unbalanced for me without one on the left side).
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2010
    rainbow wrote:
    I like the title.

I suggest considering a square crop whereby you take off the left third or so. Now the emphasis is on the two closest girls with still some in the background, but without the one centered girl (which feels unbalanced for me without one on the left side).

you're right! i was somewhat attached to the other 2 girls because i have pics of them batting, but they're not key to this picture... but now i have different crops... decisions, decisions.

either way,THANKS!!!
    767176160_uVKZ8-L.jpg

767186156_atn3Q-L.jpg

- Diana
  • Options
    Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    Personally, I don't think the title goes it justice or fits properly. The girls look like they're simply walking with their gloves on. Without your description, the image itself doesn't speak to me about tryouts, trials or any sort of "battle" that might have been about to take place.

Nice image technically though and the conversion to B&W is nice.