Options

Bull Fighting

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited January 19, 2010 in Sports
About 2 hours away from where I live in the middle of nowhere is a town called La Gloria. In this small town sits The Santa Maria bullring. It is the only bullring in 49 states (in the U.S). While they only feature bloodless bullfighting, it is one of the most amazing "dances" I have seen. Lasting about 2 1/2 hours this afternoon they featured a lady named Lupita Lopez. Lopez is one of only 3 women who bullfight. Below are some pictures of this bullfight. I was extremely disappointed I had to use auto the whole time, a 2 year old sitting on your lap doesn't allow for much aperture usage:cry

bull1.jpg
This is crazy - she fought some on her knees!
bull4.jpg
bull2.jpg
bull3.jpg
Courtney

Comments

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    Where is this event Goldi

Nice shots. Is the bull tranquilized ?
    Rags
  • Options
    ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    Wow, that is different. Good shots.
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
  • Options
    goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    torags wrote:
    Where is this event Goldi

Nice shots. Is the bull tranquilized ?

Thanks! No the bull is not tranquilized. He is full on mad as H*ll lol..
    they also do not kill the bull afterwards. He is either sold or "pardoned" if he has a good fight to live on the ranch for ever and ever :D

Oh by the way its in a little town called "La Gloria, Texas" about 10 miles from San Isidro, Texas
    Courtney
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    Thanks! No the bull is not tranquilized. He is full on mad as H*ll lol..
    they also do not kill the bull afterwards. He is either sold or "pardoned" if he has a good fight to live on the ranch for ever and ever :D

Oh by the way its in a little town called "La Gloria, Texas" about 10 miles from San Isidro, Texas

thanks Courtney
    Rags
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    Never heard of "bloodless bull fighting". Nice shots thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2010
    dlplumer wrote:
    Never heard of "bloodless bull fighting". Nice shots thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Thanks d!
    I've seen the bloodly bullfighting in Mexico once..pretty sad.
    Courtney