Matador (bull fighter)

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited January 19, 2010 in People
About 2 hours away from where I live in the middle of nowhere is a town called La Gloria. In this small town sits The Santa Maria bullring. It is the only bullring in 49 states (in the U.S). While they only feature bloodless bullfighting, it is one of the most amazing "dances" I have seen. Lasting about 2 1/2 hours this afternoon they featured a lady named Lupita Lopez. Lopez is one of only 3 women who bullfight. Below are some pictures of this bullfight. I was extremely disappointed I had to use auto the whole time, a 2 year old sitting on your lap doesn't allow for much aperture usage:cry C&C welcome!
bull1.jpg

This is crazy - she fought some on her knees!
bull4.jpg

bull2.jpg

bull3.jpg
Courtney

Comments

• Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    #3 is intense!! Nice capture!! clap.gif

Just a suggestion; A little space between images would help in viewing. It was a bit hard to differentiate where one image stopped and another began thumb.gifthumb
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    #3 is intense!! Nice capture!! clap.gif

Just a suggestion; A little space between images would help in viewing. It was a bit hard to differentiate where one image stopped and another began thumb.gifthumb
    Thanks I'll fix that
    Courtney
  • kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    I agree. #3 is a great shot. I love the confident smirk she has on her face, like she's saying "bring it on" to the bull.
    Kristen
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    kris10jo wrote:
    I agree. #3 is a great shot. I love the confident smirk she has on her face, like she's saying "bring it on" to the bull.

100% what I got from it clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • digidronedigidrone Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    #3 Oh Ya she's BAD!
    Great series
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    digidrone wrote:
    #3 Oh Ya she's BAD!
    Great series
    lol thanks!
    Courtney