Options

Buffalo Sunset

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited January 18, 2010 in Landscapes
Took this when returning home on Hwy 81. Wish the fence wasn't there, but I took what I could get. Hope you enjoy seeing a ND sunset during the wintertime :D

767572459_yydeL-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    Cool shot. Since the buffalo are almost center frame, you could crop almost all of the fence out and clone the little pieces that were left if you so desired. The silhouetted buffalo are cool thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2010
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    Cool shot. Since the buffalo are almost center frame, you could crop almost all of the fence out and clone the little pieces that were left if you so desired. The silhouetted buffalo are cool thumb.gif

I'm glad you liked this one :D

I could crop out the fence like I did with this shot. Thanks for the idea -- why I didn't think of that on this one is beyond me rolleyes1.gif

Thank you for looking and taking the time to comment.

---Think I'd better change my watermark on the one I linked to :)
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2010
    That's the beauty of having this site. I've gotten a TON of awesome ideas here!!!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    That is so beautiful ! clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2010
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    That's the beauty of having this site. I've gotten a TON of awesome ideas here!!!

Your so right thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2010
    That is so beautiful ! clap.gif

Thank you Awais -- it was so hard to get any keepers because of such a high fence. Then I finally decided to use it in the photo and stop fighting with it :D
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    Crop out the fence.... Yeah but then most of the purple is gone.. decisions .. decisions...

Very nice Mary

Rags
    Rags
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2010
    torags wrote:
    Crop out the fence.... Yeah but then most of the purple is gone.. decisions .. decisions...

Very nice Mary

Rags

Hi Rags --

Thank you for commenting :D

I cropped out the fence -- what do you think?

I tried cloning out some of the fence ... maybe I should just plant some bushes where the fence is rolleyes1.gif

767797424_FHYkT-L.jpg
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    Hi Rags --

Thank you for commenting :D

I cropped out the fence -- what do you think?

I tried cloning out some of the fence ... maybe I should just plant some bushes where the fence is rolleyes1.gif

767797424_FHYkT-L.jpg

This is nice also. Truth be told, I had no problem with the fence. It's a very nice subject well executed
    Rags
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2010
    Both ways are actually quite good after seeing the cropped option. I do have to say I like the crop better but both are oh so sweet. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2010
    Ohhhhhhh....decisions headscratch.gif

Thanks Rags and Matthew for taking a look at both photos :D

Think I'll keep both so I have an option to go either way when I print it. Then when I have a rainy day -- I'll see if I can crop that fence out.
  • Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    I like the color in the bottom half of the frame but I can't tell what's going on. Is that all your watermark? I don't really understand but it's busy and it bugs me, and I can't figure out the reason for the repeating pattern.

I wouldn't crop it as aggressively as your second picture, unless all the cruft in the bottom is accidental. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2010
    CatOne wrote:
    I like the color in the bottom half of the frame but I can't tell what's going on. Is that all your watermark? I don't really understand but it's busy and it bugs me, and I can't figure out the reason for the repeating pattern.

I wouldn't crop it as aggressively as your second picture, unless all the cruft in the bottom is accidental. ne_nau.gif

The bottom rolleyes1.gif The thin lines running up and down are the 12+ foot fence to keep the buffalo in. The other lines are the shadows of the trees, snow drifts and shadows from the snowdrifts. We also were having blowing snow and ground drifting when I took this photo. Plus you have the light from the setting sun coming in through the trees.

My watermark is a lightened rectangle box on the bottom of the first photo with my name, etc. I know..it's not the best thing to have on this photo.

I hope this answers your question about the repeating pattern/patterns :D

I did try cropping it less which left some of the fence in the photo. I then tried to clone it out. It wasn't the easiest thing to do. So I'll attempt it when I have a day to just sit and work on it.