Options

DSS 42 - 3 for thoughts

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited January 19, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
I spent Saturday afternoon wandering around downtown San Diego looking for shots for the challenge. Here are the 3 best from the day. No time for a reshoot as I'll be going out of town mid-week.

1. Look the Other Way
767583793_NgpiE-XL.jpg

2. Good Samaritan
767583639_qsS9z-XL.jpg

3. Afternoon Concert
767584170_JzukQ-XL.jpg

Thanks in advance for your thoughts! :thumb
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• Options
    Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    1 and 2 really tell a story for me. Especially #2. Nice shots. I would have personally liked a little closer shot of #1 but it's cool nonetheless.
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    Definitely #1 for me. clap.gif
    It tells a clear story even without the title and the 2 homeless people being slightly out of focus adds to the effect as if even the camera (viewer) didn't really want to see them.

#2 also works but without the title I wouldn't necessarily have known what was happening/going to happen.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    #2 works.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    Thanks for the comments, everyone. This style of photography is definitely outside my comfort zone, so it's nice to know they aren't total trash! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    My votes for #2. I can totally see this as a story of the homeless issue or pandering, etc. With #1, this story is not as clear. #3 just doesn't say much at all.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site