Options

In the market for a digital camera

JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited July 28, 2005 in Cameras
I get so confused when reading reviews on whether to buy the Nikon D70s or the Canon Rebel XT or the 20D. I have a Nikon N75 right now and am looking for a good quality digital SLR. I do not have any friends that own a digital SLR so I haven't been able to pick their brains. One person that I talked to swore by Fuji SLRs but the Fuji never even crossed my mind.

I am studying photography right now and intend on jumping into portrait photography... any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2005
    Jnichols wrote:
    I get so confused when reading reviews on whether to buy the Nikon D70s or the Canon Rebel XT or the 20D. I have a Nikon N75 right now and am looking for a good quality digital SLR. I do not have any friends that own a digital SLR so I haven't been able to pick their brains. One person that I talked to swore by Fuji SLRs but the Fuji never even crossed my mind.

I am studying photography right now and intend on jumping into portrait photography... any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
    Pending how much Nikon glas you already own, I would stick with Nikon.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • Options
    fishlipsfishlips Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2005
    i can vouch for the D70. love this camera!

and xo is right. if you already have money invested in nikon glass, stay with nikon.

phil
    phil

my pictures live here. well, eventually they all will.