moonlight infrared dreamz

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited June 7, 2004 in Wildlife
4859330-L.jpg

this is a two shot pano, shot handheld with my ir-modified sony f828. i converted to b&w, and then stiched the photos with adobe photoshop cs photomerge feature. i wanted more boats, so i copied some from shots taken at the same scene. the trick on the adding of elements is to get the size, perspective, and exposure right. for size, use edit>transform>scale. for perspective, use edit>free transform and edit>distort. for exposure, i used ctrl-l, levels adjustment here, and played with the sliders. it was fairly easy because i was working in b&w. finally, use the erase and a fat soft brush to get rid of the unwanted parts of each copied boat. then, i added in the moon and a luminosity toning layer. why the moon? why is it so prominent? well, i was creating an ir-dream, of course!

enjoy (saturday photoshop fun) photography,

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2004
    Andy's Picture
    Good lord, Andy, I am going to plumb give up! I will never see a place like that, to say the least of getting a picture like that. I will certainly never make a picture like that. You could make god jealous!
    And everyone is playing around out here, no one is doing the challenge. I basically finished it in my cul de sac. And it looks like rain here, not that it matters, I could go anywhere and get a picture.
    But not like you just put up with the ps moon. Are you going to rest on the 7th day? I hope I am not offending anyone, I am catholic, so I just am funning my own religion. It is just that Andy here is way toooooo good. (Please don't do a tutorial on that picture, my head would hurt.) Smile

Oh, and I gave some thought to that comment re the challenge to think if an editor would publish the picture. I think we might qualify that with which editor of what. I have sure seen some bad pictures in the newspaper, mags, and I have put some "bad" ones in a small town newspaper.
    Which magazine, editor, do you think would print your shot Andy? I figured it out, if it doesn't tell the story, it won't get printed, if it does, it will.
    ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Good lord, Andy, I am going to plumb give up! I will never see a place like that, to say the least of getting a picture like that. I will certainly never make a picture like that. You could make god jealous!
    And everyone is playing around out here, no one is doing the challenge. I basically finished it in my cul de sac. And it looks like rain here, not that it matters, I could go anywhere and get a picture.
    But not like you just put up with the ps moon. Are you going to rest on the 7th day? I hope I am not offending anyone, I am catholic, so I just am funning my own religion. It is just that Andy here is way toooooo good. (Please don't do a tutorial on that picture, my head would hurt.) Smile

Oh, and I gave some thought to that comment re the challenge to think if an editor would publish the picture. I think we might qualify that with which editor of what. I have sure seen some bad pictures in the newspaper, mags, and I have put some "bad" ones in a small town newspaper.
    Which magazine, editor, do you think would print your shot Andy? I figured it out, if it doesn't tell the story, it won't get printed, if it does, it will.
    ginger

funny - i've not ever been to charleston, and i would love to shoot there for a few days. the old town would really be special, i'd have a time...shooting in color, b&W, and of course infrared!

thanks so much for the kind words, ginger. [blushing] btw - the pic doesn't need a tutorial. a two-pano stitch in ps cs photomerge, a crop, a b&w conversion, a toning layer, and a moon insertion... voila!

thanks ginger
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 7, 2004
    the IR trees look like rolls of smoke/soot/ash coming down a volcano

I like it, except for the moon - i would say it has almost too much color and takes all my attention away.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]