Snow in the Cotswolds (UK)

MavMav Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
edited February 1, 2010 in Landscapes
So this village (Winchcombe) is only a few miles away from where I live but I had fun taking the pics - we don't really get snow in the UK so to see this much was snow was great experience.

They are all straight out of my D90 with no post processing. Hope you like them... C&C welcome!

1)
767734700_2Mw3M-XL.jpg

2)
767726095_Xue8V-XL.jpg

3)
767774102_DcpFs-XL.jpg

4)
767764647_u6pGw-XL.jpg

And a gratiutous shot of my Landy :D
767731599_7ZmGq-XL.jpg

Comments

• Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    Not seeing any photos — just numbers for them.

Jane B.
  • MavMav Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    Jane B. wrote:
    Not seeing any photos — just numbers for them.

Jane B.

I'm such a n00b 11doh.gif

Thanks Jane - is it working now?
    edited January 20, 2010
    Any feedback? It's quite okay to tell me they're not very interesting... well it's not really ok, but at least I would know :D
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    I like them. I'm somewhat surprised to read that you don't get much snow in the UK. I thought it was an annual event for you all. In any event, you recorded the scenes very well.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited January 20, 2010
    I like them. I'm somewhat surprised to read that you don't get much snow in the UK. I thought it was an annual event for you all. In any event, you recorded the scenes very well.

Tom

Thanks Tom thumb.gif

And as for the snow in Blighty - it's been the most we've had in decades! Check out this satellite pic:

4254627068_cfd32475a3.jpg
  • photagphotag Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited January 30, 2010
    snow in the UK
    Thanks for those. I lived nearby (Blockley ) for 10 years until about 1 year ago. I always found the winter cold because of the dampness. thanks, guyH
  • wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2010
    Good shots...1&4 being my picks.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2010
    you got the exposure for the snow down pat, no blown spots... well done! i'd have thought you got more snow as a rule... what with the whole "Christmas Carol" thing with snow everywhere, Dickens must've gotten the idea somewhere! headscratch.gif i love shots of picturesque little English villages, would love to visit the Cotswolds someday with my cameras!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
    edited February 1, 2010
    photag wrote:
    Thanks for those. I lived nearby (Blockley ) for 10 years until about 1 year ago. I always found the winter cold because of the dampness. thanks, guyH

Blockley is very nice - and you're right about the dampness. I've just been in Chamonix where the temperature was a lot lower but yet didn't feel anywhere near as cold!
    wendell wrote:
    Good shots...1&4 being my picks.

Thanks - I like 1 in particular too, just can't put my finger on why...
    squirl033 wrote:
    you got the exposure for the snow down pat, no blown spots... well done! i'd have thought you got more snow as a rule... what with the whole "Christmas Carol" thing with snow everywhere, Dickens must've gotten the idea somewhere! headscratch.gif i love shots of picturesque little English villages, would love to visit the Cotswolds someday with my cameras!

Thanks thumb.gif Although I think the D90 takes a lot of the credit...

As for the snow in Blighty - I think we did used to get a lot more snow than we have done of late... perhaps this global warming thing is just us returning to how we used to be ne_nau.gif