Options

SOLD:Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 II APO Macro Super

mikescomikesco Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited August 2, 2005 in Flea Market
I am selling a Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 II APO Macro Super, Canon Mount.
It is about 10 months old and in excellent condition ( I can't see a single mark on it). I rarely used it.
I will sell it for $175 shipped to conus, I will accept paypal and will not tack on any fees.
I live in Western Mass., if you are in the same area I would be willing to meet in person.

Mike Smith

Here is a picture:

30092638-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2005
    Feedback?
    Does anyone have any experience with this lens?
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2005
    Do you have any photos you have taken with the lens?
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    mikescomikesco Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2005
    JimM wrote:
    Do you have any photos you have taken with the lens?
    Jim,

Thank you for your inquiry, I did sell the lens earlier and need to let the moderator know. In this price range this is considered about the best for a telephoto zoom. For best results you want to stop down a bit and keep to around 250mm as it gets a bit soft at 300mm. Of course if you want something better quality you need to look at the Canon 70-200mm F4 which will run you in the $500-$600 range.
    I would recommend doing lens searches on pbase to see typical results of various lenses. And of course I would have sent you sample of what mine took if it was still for sale.

Mike Smith
  • Options
    Maple LeafMaple Leaf Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 2, 2005
    Same lens only for Nikon.
    Yes. I have the same lens made for Nikon and it is spectacular. I have only used my lens twice on a Nikon Pronea APS camera and the results were amazing. I, too, wish to sell my lens (still in box) since I have gone the Sony route with my digital cameras.

You should have no problem with your sale of this great lens.

Bob. Robert Hepburn. (Maple Leaf)

JimM wrote:
    Does anyone have any experience with this lens?