edited January 20, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Here are a few more headstones from that old, forgotten graveyard
Randy

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    Randy,
    I'm a sucker for cemetery shots (something very peaceful about them)--
    I love how you captured the headstones, they seem larger than life., especially the last one. I also really like how you processed the shots, they have a very stark feel to them. clap.gif

I'm a little disturbed by your last shot--were you lying down on the grave to get that angle?eek7.gif
    More power to ya if you wererolleyes1.gif .
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    Yup, that's how it's done. It works best when the stone is leaning toward where the cadaver would be...I don't want to hijack this thread since the photos are so lovely. Mine is here if you want to see - Flickr
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    Nice job Randy thumb.gif

Were these headstones in the cemetery by the church you photographed in a previous thread? They look like they're out on the prairie somewhere all by themselves. Love the tall grasses around them while others might not like that the cemetery isn't kept up.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    Randy,
    I'm a sucker for cemetery shots (something very peaceful about them)--
    I love how you captured the headstones, they seem larger than life., especially the last one. I also really like how you processed the shots, they have a very stark feel to them. clap.gif

I'm a little disturbed by your last shot--were you lying down on the grave to get that angle?eek7.gif
    More power to ya if you wererolleyes1.gif .

Hey Liz,

I have lots and lots of images from cemeteries, enough that I might need counseling rolleyes1.gif

You won't catch me laying on a grave eek7.gif ~ That's why they made cameras so that you can simply hold them down low to take the picture.
    Old man's face not needed behind viewfinder deal.gif

Thanks for the comments Liz
    Randy
    edited January 19, 2010
    Yup, that's how it's done. It works best when the stone is leaning toward where the cadaver would be...I don't want to hijack this thread since the photos are so lovely. Mine is here if you want to see - Flickr

Thanks WD
    Randy
    edited January 19, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    Nice job Randy thumb.gif

Were these headstones in the cemetery by the church you photographed in a previous thread? They look like they're out on the prairie somewhere all by themselves. Love the tall grasses around them while others might not like that the cemetery isn't kept up.

No, the church had a nice well groomed cemetery. I found these just driving around the countryside. No fence, no maintenance, Nata'

They were very old and obviously forgotten. Personally, I was fascinated at finding a graveyard that has nice headstones but seems to have been completely forgotten.

I need to go through all the images from this place.

Thanks for looking and commenting Mary thumb.gif
    Randy
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    rwells wrote:
    No, the church had a nice well groomed cemetery. I found these just driving around the countryside. No fence, no maintenance, Nata'

They were very old and obviously forgotten. Personally, I was fascinated at finding a graveyard that has nice headstones but seems to have been completely forgotten.

I need to go through all the images from this place.

Thanks for looking and commenting Mary thumb.gif

That is a "find" as cemeteries are usually maintained these days. I've hunted all over for a cemetery like this in ND, but have yet to find one. Hope it's not far from you so you can revisit it when ever you want to.

Sad tho....as I'm sure there's family out there thinking someone is watching over it.
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    maybe, maybe not. A few years back when the airport needed to expand they had to move a single-family cemetery. At first the family was all up in arms about it until it was found out that until the airport authority told them of the move, they had no idea the plot existed. I remember driving by it but, it was so overgrown it was impossible to approach or photograph well (all you could see was the top of one obelisk). It's moved to a nearby cemetery and set up exactly as it was...wall and all.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    Howdy Randy,

More great shots and processing, really neat series and love the old Headstones, craftsmanship all the way.

Great find!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited January 20, 2010
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Randy,

More great shots and processing, really neat series and love the old Headstones, craftsmanship all the way.

Great find!!!

Thanks Craig,

These were just West of Forestburg, South of Saint Jo.
    Randy