Options

Contract inquiry

Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited January 20, 2010 in Weddings
Not the kinda question you would expect. But I just received back my "contract" from my clients. They lost the physical copy that I gave to them when i met them, so I emailed them an attached PDF version. So I got it back today, only that the format looks drastically different from the original. They are typists, so I am guessing they didn't want to hand write in the information and I didn't have a "form fill out" pdf version for them. All the details of the contract are still spot on with the original, only the format of the contract was changed.

I sent them an email asking them why. But yeah. Peculiar.

I am going to ask them after I get their response if they can reprint it out, hand fill it out and send it back. Mainly because I like to keep the contract in the same format I gave it to them.
Food & Culture.
www.tednghiem.com

Comments

• Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    Not the kinda question you would expect. But I just received back my "contract" from my clients. They lost the physical copy that I gave to them when i met them, so I emailed them an attached PDF version. So I got it back today, only that the format looks drastically different from the original. They are typists, so I am guessing they didn't want to hand write in the information and I didn't have a "form fill out" pdf version for them. All the details of the contract are still spot on with the original, only the format of the contract was changed.

I sent them an email asking them why. But yeah. Peculiar.

I am going to ask them after I get their response if they can reprint it out, hand fill it out and send it back. Mainly because I like to keep the contract in the same format I gave it to them.

That is odd, very very odd.

Maybe you should state that within the contract, altering it anyway from the original filed that was emailed is a breach of contract. Or is that an understood?

You're right to think that it's odd, I can't say I wouldn't be alarmed, either.
  • Options
    elizabeth_Lunaelizabeth_Luna Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    Try shoot Q electronic contracts are great!!
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    When we send out quotes at work I place the password protection on it, which yes not everything respects, but it does help. The other trick I have done is to do it as an image file.

Is it possible that it is just a font difference between operating systems?
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    Is it possible that it is just a font difference between operating systems?

If it was saved as a pdf, it *is* an image file. It's basically a snapshot of a document.

They should have electronically - or hand - signed it and just sent it right back over... I can't figure out WHY you'd want to change it in the first place.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    I got a response from the groom. His hand writing is far worse than mine, it seems. So he prefers typing. I kindly responded that I figured he was a typist, but would definitely prefer the original I sent him which he will hand fill out and send to me. I'll still keep both records as well send him electronic copies of both.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    If it was saved as a pdf, it *is* an image file. It's basically a snapshot of a document.

That is not entirely true. If it is a text document the text is stored and displayed using the fonts on the user's computer and is rasterized when displayed. One can also embed the fonts into the document, this is what makes it possible to easily edit the text using various tools. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF#Text Most tools such as PDFEditor or Acrobat Professional allow for the changing of the text itself.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact