Options

Repeating???

pillmanpillman Registered Users Posts: 821 Major grins
edited January 19, 2010 in Finishing School
Making background for site. Below is a
suggestion from Smug Pro.

You want to have a background that will display properly for all viewers, with small browser windows or huge monitors. *So something that repeats usually works well, so that it can fill the entire screen. *But I'm not sure what the best size would be.

So how to make one " repeating ". Will use
CS3 to make.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    pillman wrote:
    Making background for site. Below is a
    suggestion from Smug Pro.

You want to have a background that will display properly for all viewers, with small browser windows or huge monitors. *So something that repeats usually works well, so that it can fill the entire screen. *But I'm not sure what the best size would be.

So how to make one " repeating ". Will use
    CS3 to make.
    Thanks

I have done this a few times. I usually decide on how large an image I want to use as the pattern, I do not recommend anything larger than 100pixels in any directions. This limitation I put in is to keep the load speed reasonable. I then create an image I think will work, in that size, typically it is monchromatic and often the Filters>Textures. I test it by copying it, then pasting it into a larger image and arraying it - one can also create a pattern for the testing if desired. I then export for web and try to keep the file size as small as possible.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact