edited January 20, 2010 in Street and Documentary
768704284_3sCGu-XL-3.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    Whatever their watching can't be good, right ?
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    Yes, very interesting and ambiguous. You really need to get your post workflow under control. This is too interesting a shot to have such obvious and distracting halos.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    bfjr wrote:
    Whatever their watching can't be good, right ?

It turned out pretty good. Jets game, almost at the two minute warning in the fourth quarter (so we were all sweating it).
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2010
    rutt wrote:
    Yes, very interesting and ambiguous. You really need to get your post workflow under control. This is too interesting a shot to have such obvious and distracting halos.

Rutt,
    I know I see it, it bugs me too. I will hopefully be able to fix it soon, I still have it on RAW and on my comuter, so I can work on it futher.

Thanks for your comment.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    Rutt,
    I know I see it, it bugs me too. I will hopefully be able to fix it soon, I still have it on RAW and on my comuter, so I can work on it futher.

Thanks for your comment.

Actually, the halos around the hands of the woman in the center add to, rather than detract from, the shot. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    Steve WiencekSteve Wiencek Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited January 20, 2010
    The short response..."Leave The Blur"
    rutt wrote:
    This isn't a post processing issue but rather a camera control issue. The "halos" are motion blur (uni-directional) related to shutter speed. In some circles, this could even be considered "Creative License" versus the need for someone to get their post work flow under control.

I think with a different title, "The Final Minutes" Jets and Chargers 01-17-10, there would be a stronger connection to what is happening. The most interesting aspect of this photo is actually the motion blur. Both women have blurred hands yet the man does not. The language of this speaks partially to how men and women react and communicate. The man in the photo looks very engaged, yet silent and still. The women appear to be rather vocal and moving, yet equally engaged. I watched this game with my wife and our reactions mirror your photo.

Anyway, great image, great game. Next time though pick a title that is more supportive of the photograph. Remember, we no longer have to be "Closet Jet Fans".
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    Look in the upper right hand corner. See the white halo around the man's hair, neck, and shoulders? That's a bit of the halo I'm talking about. I don't think this is motion blur. There is an opposite black halo that's harder to see, but which adds an unrealistic feel to the picture, most evident in the black clothes of the woman sitting cross-legged.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2010
    bdcolen wrote:
    Actually, the halos around the hands of the woman in the center add to, rather than detract from, the shot. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks B.D.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2010
    This isn't a post processing issue but rather a camera control issue. The "halos" are motion blur (uni-directional) related to shutter speed. In some circles, this could even be considered "Creative License" versus the need for someone to get their post work flow under control.

I think with a different title, "The Final Minutes" Jets and Chargers 01-17-10, there would be a stronger connection to what is happening. The most interesting aspect of this photo is actually the motion blur. Both women have blurred hands yet the man does not. The language of this speaks partially to how men and women react and communicate. The man in the photo looks very engaged, yet silent and still. The women appear to be rather vocal and moving, yet equally engaged. I watched this game with my wife and our reactions mirror your photo.

Anyway, great image, great game. Next time though pick a title that is more supportive of the photograph. Remember, we no longer have to be "Closet Jet Fans".

Steve,
    A pretty nail-biting game--glad I had my camera near by to capture the tension.
    I like your interpretation of the shot and how you see both sexes deal with the anticipation. Glad the blur worked for you.

I didn't want to post a title on this one because I wanted people to get their own initial impressions without being told what the image was.
    I put a description in the following thread though--I hope that worked.

Not a close Jet fan at all--bite your tongue!
    Liz A.
    _________