Options

My First Bridal Fair

dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited January 20, 2010 in Weddings
I started a thread a few months back asking for advice on bridal shows. I had a booth in the Bridal Show in El Paso this weekend and it was a blast! I passed out right around 1,000 business cards and fliers. There was never a point where there weren't at least 4-5 people in my booth from 11am-5pm. Often times there was a line to get in and talk to us.

A few things I learned:
• I had several large canvas prints on easels in my booth. This was a good way to get people into my booth. There was probably 7 different people that I saw that passed my booth, looked back to see the sunset canvas photo, turn back around and come talk to me. The brides eyes always lit up when looking at the large prints.
• I had a drawing for 25% off any of my wedding collections. This was a good incentive for people to come to my booth and sign up. It also worked to be great for getting conact names and email addresses from the people who visited my booth.
• My fiancé, Allison, went along to the bridal show with me. Let me say, she saved my life! There's no way I would have been able to talk to all the people coming to my booth without her with me.
• My albums were the hit of the booth. After explaining to the clients about my services, I would suggest they grab an album and take a seat. Often times, this was exactly what they needed after walking around all day. I were able to focus more on the albums when sitting since they were not having to worry about the people behind them waiting to talk to us.

All in all, this was a great experience. I got to meet a large amount of potential clients and I also networked with many other wedding vendors. I've booked 5 meetings thus far and it's only 2 days after the show!

Here are a few photos of my booth before the chaos began!

768708918_kcGqd-L.jpg

768709776_5qwPE-L.jpg

768712729_g3zv6-L.jpg

768713679_SyxHL-L.jpg

768710431_rBJTm-L.jpg

Website
My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
| 580EX II & 430EX

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    Just one word - impressive! thumb.gif
  • Options
    jdorseydesignjdorseydesign Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    The bench idea is absolutely brilliant.
    J Dorsey Design Photography • jdorseydesign.com • Facebook Fan/Friend • Twitter @bartdorsey
  • Options
    elizabeth_Lunaelizabeth_Luna Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    Wow very nice! where do you get your albums from?
  • Options
    MishkaMishka Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    Awesome set up and very creative ideas! Great to hear you've already seen some bookings from the event. I'd love to hear what you think your ROI is for the bridal fair compared to other types of marketing.
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    Love your easels! They add a bit of fancy to function!
    Your whole setup is very classy. Nicely done!

My next Bridal Fair is this Sunday, and I have to say... it sure is easier the 3rd time around. I am not stressed at all! I have made a few changes to my setup so we'll see how it all pans out. Meanwhile, I have you to thank to remind me to get ready early. It sure is easier if you start a month or two ahead of time.
  • Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    Just one word - impressive! thumb.gif

Thanks, Scott!
    The bench idea is absolutely brilliant.

:D Thank you!
    Wow very nice! where do you get your albums from?

Thanks! The flush mount albums are from Black River Imaging and the coffee table book is from blurb.
    Mishka wrote:
    Awesome set up and very creative ideas! Great to hear you've already seen some bookings from the event. I'd love to hear what you think your ROI is for the bridal fair compared to other types of marketing.

I will definitely let you know how many weddings I booked out of the show. I did a promotion that anyone who booked within a month of the show received 10% any of my wedding collections, so I would think I would see some business within a month.

Since this was my first show, it was quite a bit more expensive than future shows will be since I had to buy everything for my booth. When I started I had one sample album, the coffee table book. So I really had to buy most of this stuff for the show. It will be such a relief to only have to pay the booth fees next time!
    Love your easels! They add a bit of fancy to function!
    Your whole setup is very classy. Nicely done!

My next Bridal Fair is this Sunday, and I have to say... it sure is easier the 3rd time around. I am not stressed at all! I have made a few changes to my setup so we'll see how it all pans out. Meanwhile, I have you to thank to remind me to get ready early. It sure is easier if you start a month or two ahead of time.

Awesome! Definitely take some pictures of your booth and let us know how it goes. It's great to learn from each other thumb.gif

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    I have a bridal show coming up at the end of February, i'm printing albums like no tomorrow rolleyes1.gifbut i also don't want too many albums.
    I have 3 easels to display 3 20x30 prints (with a sunset! Laughing.gif), and 11x14 prints on the back drop/wall
    I have a similar set-up except i will have 2 high top round tables and 1 coffee table by the couch. Discounts are the way to go, i will have few available.
    Your set-up looks fantastic! I would love to hear about your follow up responses, and hope you will book few weddings from this show.
    Nicely done! clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8