More from Jump Creek

acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
edited January 20, 2010 in Landscapes
Since I've started posting on here at least two of my picture posts have been about Jump Creek in Southwestern Idaho. This is an area I visit frequently during Spring, Fall and Winter. There are innumerable opportunities as the canyon can be accessed by steep descent at many different points. One section I had visited last year but was unable to explore much due to the water level. I had noticed last month that the water level was lower so I went back to this spot hoping I could go a little further. I was very pleased with what I saw! This almost felt like a very very cheap knockoff of the Virgin River Narrows. Anyway here are some of the photos I took...all C&C welcome.

1. Jump Creek and the moss covered canyon walls.
768704845_UzQPQ-L-1.jpg

2. A small (about four feet high) waterfall along the creek. There is a second waterfall that is behind the large rock in the center of the frame.
768705589_QLFcq-L-1.jpg

3.Another view of the waterfall.
768705166_Eo4oZ-L-1.jpg

4. The view of the canyon "narrows" from above. The darker section is where the three preceding pictures were taken.
768704525_Bs7Bo-L-1.jpg

5. Yesterday (Monday Jan 18) was very very windy. I liked how the bunchgrass looked as the wind blew it but wanted some rocks around to give the scene some solidity. This was taken on the hike back to the car. I used my Vari-ND filter to take a 15-second exposure.
768706436_sYHne-L-1.jpg

Comments

• NwestrnrNwestrnr Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    Almost had me fooled Aaron 2 and 3 been racking my brain trying to figure out where you were standing, nice job.. Still waiting for the main fall to freeze up myself headscratch.gif
  • acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    It almost feels like April instead of January...I'm anxious for it to get cold again and try for some more ice shots around the creek and falls too. That never gets old! There were quite a few vantage points along the creek to shoot the waterfall. The last couple shots were framed horizontally with the small fall on the far left edge. I really liked the big smooth rock in the middle of the creek. The first picture in this post was taken after I walked up that rock and scrambled around some boulders to another opening.