Options

#42 - Tube Launch

KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
edited January 21, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
I work for a company that has developed a small UAV (drone-type thing, but smarter, with awesome cameras, that can be used in a wide range of defense, research, firefighting, environmental, and other situations: www.prioria.com) and we did our first field test for a tube launch last week. I was able to go out and spend the day in the field documenting the test, so it seemed perfect for this challenge.

I have more to work through, but this is my favorite so far:

769158394_fCPe4-L.jpg

Thoughts?

I will take a look at this at home to check the tones of the image as I'm on my work computer and the monitor is terrible.

TIA!
Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    Now that sounds like a fun day at work!

Ok--I get where you are going with this--but as is, it looks a bit abstract to me and not documentary--I don't know what I'm looking at. Even with an appropriate title, I don't know that it will work, as the photo is supposed to speak for itself.

Just my 2 cents--I hope you share more images from that day.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 20, 2010
    yup I agree with liz on this one. Your discription here tells what it is but you only can put so much in a title.headscratch.gif
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    very very neat. All this leaves me with one question... how do those wings fit in that tube?

As for the pictures, I agree that the one you have posted here is a bit abstract. I'd like to see one of the ones a little closer to launch. I think that this would be a good series to stitch into a 3-series... loading, launch, and then maybe one of the guy lying on the ground?

The launch alone is missing a human reaction, doesn't emote much feeling by itself. Loading the tube doesn't really get what it's all about...

but what a cool tool you've developed there!
    edited January 20, 2010
    Kristin…

…um, do your boss-fellahs know|mind you publishing these piccies on a public forum?

…nice as they are (the piccies, that is)…

Don't want to hear that you've been taken to task over an infringement of policies|rules|secrets etc.

Uh oh, here comes the boss-fellah now…

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    As far as I know, we're able show shots/video from the test, but I'll check to be sure.

Seems like it's a no-go anyway.

And for the record, the wings are bendable and fold around the bird, then snap open and soon as it's out of the tube.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!