Options

HELP Pro for Hire? LR2 - Major Issues

MarnArtsMarnArts Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited January 30, 2010 in Finishing School
Hello:

I have spent a lot of time on a LR 2 issue that I could use some serious help with. I have posted on the Adobe Forums, but before my motherboard died - and now I am using Snow Leopard and the issue has started all over again - for reasons that I think have nothing to do with SL.

PROBLEM: Before getting the new computer, I had identified the one Lrcat that I should be using - but since upgrading have lost it again. I have multiple duplicate folders - and the reason for me moving everything to an external drive to begin with (it was eating my previous computers hard drive). I cannot find the Lrcat with my 4-5k photos on it now. Without realizing I would create a nightmare for myself, back when I moved all of the photos and cats to the external drive, I tried to 'organize' them -- you guessed it, ON my HD. Biiiiig mistake. I did not know this could be and SHOULD be done in LR. Before I had to buy a new computer, I had most of this worked out - but now I can't even get to the starting place. There were numerous 'unconnected' photos that were likely going to stay that way - since they were within a folder that I foolishly, ignorantly deleted after reassigning the individual photos to their 'proper' date folder (I had uploaded them to one folder trying to stem the chaos that was starting - but it was not the correct method.)

Please contact me if you are a LR2 / workflow pro and are available for a screen-share session.

Thank you!

Mary

Comments

• Options
    MarnArtsMarnArts Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 27, 2010
    HELP Pro for Hire? LR2 - Major Issues
    Anybody??!
    MarnArts wrote:
    Hello:

I have spent a lot of time on a LR 2 issue that I could use some serious help with. I have posted on the Adobe Forums, but before my motherboard died - and now I am using Snow Leopard and the issue has started all over again - for reasons that I think have nothing to do with SL.

PROBLEM: Before getting the new computer, I had identified the one Lrcat that I should be using - but since upgrading have lost it again. I have multiple duplicate folders - and the reason for me moving everything to an external drive to begin with (it was eating my previous computers hard drive). I cannot find the Lrcat with my 4-5k photos on it now. Without realizing I would create a nightmare for myself, back when I moved all of the photos and cats to the external drive, I tried to 'organize' them -- you guessed it, ON my HD. Biiiiig mistake. I did not know this could be and SHOULD be done in LR. Before I had to buy a new computer, I had most of this worked out - but now I can't even get to the starting place. There were numerous 'unconnected' photos that were likely going to stay that way - since they were within a folder that I foolishly, ignorantly deleted after reassigning the individual photos to their 'proper' date folder (I had uploaded them to one folder trying to stem the chaos that was starting - but it was not the correct method.)

Please contact me if you are a LR2 / workflow pro and are available for a screen-share session.

Thank you!

Mary
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,830 moderator
    edited January 30, 2010
    I'm guessing that LR has simply lost track of your images and the index needs to be rebuilt. Are you still able to find the images with other means and are you able to view the images with other viewers?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums