Nickname or gallery name i need to change- complicated

dborasdboras Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited January 26, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
2009- started a business, 3 months later had to change our name because of conflict with another photographer, fine, rude, but changed name. Had all paperwork changed to new name. Have tried by several smugmug heros to change nickname, but when I do that the whole gallery goes in outer space, can anyone please tell me if the address can be changed and keep the gallery where it is . It has all our work for last year on it. Have been a customer for a long time, I think it is a simple question but never can get a answer. the website is lesamisphotography.com the address when galleries come up is the old address which is 2barefootphotographers- Please make my day this time asking it should be a simple thing, any answers out there

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    Deborah,

I find correspondence from you using two different email addresses, but nothing about this subject.

Let's be clear on two things before I fix you: you want to change your site nickname from 2barefootphotographers.smugmug.com to lesamisphotography.smugmug.com ?

And secondly, you want to have lesamisphotography.com be your custom domain name for the account?
  • dborasdboras Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    Deborah,

I find correspondence from you using two different email addresses, but nothing about this subject.

Let's be clear on two things before I fix you: you want to change your site nickname from 2barefootphotographers.smugmug.com to lesamisphotography.smugmug.com ?

And secondly, you want to have lesamisphotography.com be your custom domain name for the account?

Andy yes that is what I want when I pull up up my les amis gallery the address bar says 2barefootphotograpy.smugmug.com The heros said just change nickname to les Amis and when I do thats when everything goes to outer space
    edited January 20, 2010
    ok andy can you change it without every thing going haywire
    edited January 24, 2010
    can you change it andy without it going into outer space?
    edited January 24, 2010
    Hey, stay tuned for a Support Hero from our team.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    dboras wrote:
    Andy yes that is what I want when I pull up up my les amis gallery the address bar says 2barefootphotograpy.smugmug.com The heros said just change nickname to les Amis and when I do thats when everything goes to outer space
    Hi Debra I'm a little confused to what you are trying to do. These are your two current websites:

http://dboras.smugmug.com - your SmugMug site
    http://lesamisphotography.com - an external site

So you want to change your SmugMug URL from http://dboras.smugmug.com to 2barefootphotograpy.smugmug.com. Is that correct?

If you do that the URL http://dboras.smugmug.com will no longer work. Is that what you meant by things went haywire? Or did something else happen? If it's something else I need details on what actually happened.

To change your nickname, and your SmugMug URL, login to your site and click on Tools>Go To Control Panel. Go to the Settings tab and click change on the Name line. There you can change your Nickname.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
    edited January 26, 2010
    ok I have two sites dboras@smugmug.com leave this alone it has nothing to do with anything

Since dboras I have merged with a partner and have made a site for us
    when we first started it was 2 barefoot photographers, after a couple of months we were contacted by another photographer saying we were infringing on her copyrited name and was so rude about it we changed our name to Les Amis Photography

I have contacted several heros and they tell me the same thing change the nickname and it will be fine well....it is not, when I change the nickname to lesamis our gallery goes into outer space

All is want is our name to be on the address bar and the gallery to be there when I go there. It has a years worth a photographs/ I cannot believe that it would be this diffcult to change although I dont know how
    please go to my site 2barefootphotographers.smugmug.com and see what I am talking about
    everything is correct. the billing. and the gallery
    If it cannot be done and I dont know why just please tell me
    edited January 26, 2010
    dboras wrote:
    ok I have two sites dboras@smugmug.com leave this alone it has nothing to do with anything

Since dboras I have merged with a partner and have made a site for us
    when we first started it was 2 barefoot photographers, after a couple of months we were contacted by another photographer saying we were infringing on her copyrited name and was so rude about it we changed our name to Les Amis Photography

I have contacted several heros and they tell me the same thing change the nickname and it will be fine well....it is not, when I change the nickname to lesamis our gallery goes into outer space

All is want is our name to be on the address bar and the gallery to be there when I go there. It has a years worth a photographs/ I cannot believe that it would be this diffcult to change although I dont know how
    please go to my site 2barefootphotographers.smugmug.com and see what I am talking about
    everything is correct. the billing. and the gallery
    If it cannot be done and I dont know why just please tell me
    sure would be eaiser if I could speak to someone sorry but it is sooooo aggrevating to wait days for nothing
    edited January 26, 2010
    dboras wrote:
    sure would be eaiser if I could speak to someone sorry but it is sooooo aggrevating to wait days for nothing
    Nick will write you from our help desk, where we answer emails instantly. The forum is not instant.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    dboras wrote:
    Wait days for nothing? I replied within 15 minutes of your last post :D

I'm emailing you right now. Please reply back and I'll get you fixed up.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto