Options

First attempt with a speckgrabber...

ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
edited July 28, 2005 in Cameras
I used a specgrabber for the first time, and i'm pleased with the results, but I didn't completely understand the instructions, and may have done some damage.

The good: Non-liquid based fix. No swiping, no blowing, just touch the specs gently, and they come off. Also Cheap. Paid 5$CDN for it.

The bad: You need to be SUPER gentle, and you also need to be in a VERY clean environment, as the spec grabber takes time to use.

At F36 of the sky, most specs are gone now, but there's areas that look brighter or darker than others, may have been a result of me pushing a bit too hard to get the spec (even though I was being SUPER gentle).

Also a note, keep an alcohol wipe handy between grabbing specks. The specgrabber has to be COMPLETELY clean each time it goes in, or you risk putting specs back, or whatever.

Just my experience, thought I'd share it. It's a great tool for getting tiny specs or bits out of tight places.
- Scott
http://framebyframe.ca
[Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
[Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
[Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
[Tripod]
Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
[Head] 484RC2, 200RC2