TX Hill Country Waterfall - Part II

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited January 21, 2010 in Landscapes
I spent three hours shooting yesterday, mostly at the waterfall in my other post: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1309463#post1309463

Here is another shot of the falls, plus a couple more from other locations.

Looking for more C&C, please.

1. Edge Falls - 2 shot vertical pano, processed with Topaz Adjust, then desaturated adjustment on top.
769977425_E7YCE-L.jpg

2. Impressionism treatment of a stand of live oaks and mesquite
769969342_Me8b6-L.jpg

3. Hope I didn't post this one previously! - Along the Guadalupe on a rainy day.
765363299_VjLPR-L.jpg

4. The obligatory shot of Texas cattle
769986442_7bGiv-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    Oops didnt see there was a part II before commenting in part I. These are good, too. I like the abstract, I'm not sure how I feel about the tree trunks, though. I'm trying to picture how it would look with just foliage, though judging from the photo they probably have to be in the scene. Again I'm not so much into the topaz processing of number one, though you did a good job at keeping it subtle. I think I would boost the saturation a little bit to bring out the greens and the water color which seems very nice. Do you have any exposures of #1 with longer shutter speeds and silky water? I'm always a little biased towards the silky look. I would crop out the sky in #1 as it is a bit flat with the clouds so as to focus on the water. Again, take my recs for what its worth, as the photog you should process your photos as you see fit. (I'm just giving you my two cents because I know you look to get other points of view). Sounds like a very productive shooting day and certainly a very nice location thumb.gif
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    Thanks, Chris. I am looking for feedback, so I appreciate all of your comments. I wondered about the crop because of the flat sky--it was very gray most of the week, which is why I went out twice to this area to try and get some shots of fog on the river. I gave that up after I found the falls!

I do have a few with longer exposure. Didn't have a tripod but I did find a sturdy post to use instead. I'll process a couple of those and re-post.

As for the abstract, I can easily achieve one w/o tree trunks so I'll shoot just the mesquite next time. I also have some with just oak trunks, which I will post later on. I'll be curious to see what you think.

Thanks again,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com