A Wet Day

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited January 21, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Tough day to be a horse... Shot from my front porch this morning....

770026309_kgjSa-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    Wow - I think we are going to float away today if we don't get blown away.

The first one looks like it has zebra stripes.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    Poor horse's -- Although they do get a good cleaning. Are you going to head out there after the rains and brush them down :D

I like how the horse has his/her tongue out like he/she has had just about enough of that rain. Those birds sure like hangin' out with the horse's -- there's a bird on every post.

Good photo Azzaro -- your getting rain and we could get a foot of snow before the week-end's over.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    Birds don't seem to mind...do they? The front horse has the coloring of a fine marbled hardwood!
    Growing with Dgrin

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    Eia wrote:
    Wow - I think we are going to float away today if we don't get blown away.

The first one looks like it has zebra stripes.

If you need help getting to higher ground let me know, I have a 3/4 ton pickup truck and a horse trailer...rolleyes1.gif azzaro
    edited January 21, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    Poor horse's -- Although they do get a good cleaning. Are you going to head out there after the rains and brush them down :D

I like how the horse has his/her tongue out like he/she has had just about enough of that rain. Those birds sure like hangin' out with the horse's -- there's a bird on every post.

Good photo Azzaro -- your getting rain and we could get a foot of snow before the week-end's over.

I spent 4 years in Minnesota .... I'll go with the rain, and enjoy your pictures of snow and ice........ Thanks for the comment ....azzaro
    edited January 21, 2010
    leaforte wrote:
    Birds don't seem to mind...do they? The front horse has the coloring of a fine marbled hardwood!

Thanks for commenting........Birds seem to be alright with the rain...but the horses are kind of hanging their heads.......azzaro
    edited January 21, 2010
    Azzaro wrote:
    I spent 4 years in Minnesota .... I'll go with the rain, and enjoy your pictures of snow and ice........ Thanks for the comment ....azzaro

I didn't know you lived in MN for awhile -- I take it you don't miss winters :D but I bet you might miss those beautiful sunset's on one of the many lakes -- or maybe some good lake walleye :D
    edited January 21, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    I didn't know you lived in MN for awhile -- I take it you don't miss winters :D but I bet you might miss those beautiful sunset's on one of the many lakes -- or maybe some good lake walleye :D

I was in the USAF..and stationed in Chandler Min. at a radar site for 4 years...1957 to1961....... I was in your neck of the woods in 61, I had my tonsils taken out at Minot AFB. They strapped me to a gurney and did it under a local. I hemorrhaged, liked to never got it sewed up..... Not one of my better days.....rolleyes1.gif
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    I take that as winter oats in the field behind them? Shure is green for Jan.
    Randy
    edited January 21, 2010
    Azzaro wrote:
    I was in the USAF..and stationed in Chandler Min. at a radar site for 4 years...1957 to1961....... I was in your neck of the woods in 61, I had my tonsils taken out at Minot AFB. They strapped me to a gurney and did it under a local. I hemorrhaged, liked to never got it sewed up..... Not one of my better days.....rolleyes1.gif

I bet it wasn't one of your best days. Sure glad everything came out ok. I didn't know there was a radar site in Chandler.