Yummy Yummy

rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
edited July 29, 2005 in People
Ok, yes, it's another shot of the boy.....But I just can't stop taking pictures of him....LOL

I have experimented with a new sort of colourized B&W treatment on this and I'm just looking for some comments and critique on weather you think it works or if I should go back to the drawing board. TIA
yummycarcopy.jpg
www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso

Comments

• leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    I like the bw treatment. The focus, however, seems to be his hands instead of his eyes. Very nice composition.

Lee
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    Hi Rahmonster,
    Cute capture; cars are always good tasting. Haven't you ever gone to a car lot and taken a bite into a new car to see if it was right for yourolleyes1.gif?

I'm not overly crazy about this treatment with B&W. There seems to be no whites. The shot is a little flat (looks like onboard flash, which will cause this) so another shot may be a better appraisal of the method. Look at the whites of the eyes, no whites. Kinda meshes with the skin tones and it shouldn't. Levels may help, but it may also wash out the skin.

And as mentioned, it's focus is a bit soft in the face, but I do like the comp.

Just my .02,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister