Yellowstone / Grand Tetons

paralyzedhorizonparalyzedhorizon Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited January 29, 2010 in Landscapes
Hi, photography newbie here. Thought I would sign up for this forum to get helpful hints on my new found passion. Posting a few shots from a recent trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Comments (good & bad) appreciated. I have not spent enough time with Photoshop to learn how to enhance, but that's on my growing lists of "things to learn" Enjoy!

[IMG][/img]764790718_cgPaX-M.jpg

[IMG][/img]769974701_8NATH-M.jpg

[IMG][/img]764632221_nnsnL-M.jpg

[IMG][/img]769175738_V3rAm-M.jpg

Comments

• ritewingerritewinger Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2010
    These are all nice shots. I think I like the first best.....thumb.gif
    Welcome and keep posting....
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2010
    Your shots look pretty good to me. You might bump up the size next time around...it will show off your work a little better. Welcome to the forum. There's plenty of folks here that can be very helpful.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • paralyzedhorizonparalyzedhorizon Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    Thanks everyone! Excited to be a part of dgrin!
  • acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    Nice set, particularly the first and last. After looking at the first shot some more, maybe a slight crop removing some of the sky would make it look better because the mountains are sitting towards the middle of the frame. I like the clouds and trees in the last photo too. This one could benefit (IMO) with a B&W conversion. Nonetheless it is still a nice set...welcome to Dgrin!
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    It's always cool to see new talent. Nice introductory set of shots!

I really like the colors of the second shot, but can't help feeling that the lines and colors all lead too much towards dead center (like a portrait). The hills along the right side aren't as colorful as those along the left side so maybe next time have less of the right, more of the left, and the peak colors of the sunset off-center (using the rule of thirds to determine roughly how far off center)?

It's completely my 100% amateur opinion though (and what you have now is very very nice…but you did ask for comments). :D
  • paralyzedhorizonparalyzedhorizon Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Thanks for your comments! They are all greatly appreciated! :D