My first job as a 'photographer', here are the best shots

mgb_in_skmgb_in_sk Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited July 30, 2005 in People
This is my first post on digital grin, sorry in advance - I'm sure I will mess it up. I can't figure out how to post more than this one picture I did below. Anyways, I love taking pictures, but have never done it for money or as a job before. Until last weekend that is... This was more of a favour for a friend than a 'job'. Here are some of the best shots I took for them. Any comments are welcome.

Mike

Comments

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    Welcome!
    mgb_in_sk wrote:
    This is my first post on digital grin, sorry in advance - I'm sure I will mess it up. I can't figure out how to post more than this one picture I did below. Anyways, I love taking pictures, but have never done it for money or as a job before. Until last weekend that is... This was more of a favour for a friend than a 'job'. Here are some of the best shots I took for them. Any comments are welcome.

Mike

In order to post more than one photo at a time, your photos need to be hosted in an online photo album (i.e., smugmug, photobucket, etc.)

If your photos are under 117K you can attach them. Many people will reply to their own post and attach another photo if they don't want to go that route.

That's a nice and unusual pose and I love the Canadian Geese in the back too!
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    Not bad. What I like about it is:
    - Nice colors
    - you haven't centered them
    - lovely setting

I think you are on the right track with the pose, but it's "not quite there". To improve in the future, work on helping them feel relaxed and natural, even when you are posing them.

Lee
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif

in addition to that, the faces seem a little soft/OOF, compared to some of the stuff around them.

Keep up the good work.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • mgb_in_skmgb_in_sk Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 29, 2005
    yes, its the best I could do with my equipment - I don't have an slr, just a canon s500 digital camera - love my camera, its great for parties, etc, - not so great for something like this where more control over focusing is needed. Thanks for the constructive criticism - appreciated.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    Welcome mgb wave.gif don't be afraid to post loads of shots good and bad... 1drink.gif
  • mgb_in_skmgb_in_sk Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 30, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Welcome mgb wave.gif don't be afraid to post loads of shots good and bad... 1drink.gif
    Can you direct me somewhere that tells step by step how to insert pictures? I was looking in faq, but couldn't seem to find out how. I was only able to insert one picture with my original post, and I tried but couldn't figure out how to use my pictures that I have on smugmug as one of the other members suggested.