Diner

D0rk AngleD0rk Angle Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited January 24, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
B&W treatment of a diner I took a photo of in Lowell, MA during a trip there. It was the middle of the day and closed, and I had the feeling it was permanently closed, so I wanted to give it a bit of a gritty feel. Love to hear thoughts on it. Thanks!

770106261_NcBvV-L.jpg

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2010
    I like it, but it looks just a tad dark on my computer. Might not be tho :D
  • D0rk AngleD0rk Angle Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2010
    I do tend to go a little dark on some of these treatments because it seems to fit the mood a little better. The question is, would be better less dark?
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2010
    D0rk Angle wrote:
    I do tend to go a little dark on some of these treatments because it seems to fit the mood a little better. The question is, would be better less dark?

If you like going darker then that's what you should do thumb.gif I believe the photo needs to speak to what you want and what you see -- not what I see or think thumb.gif
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    strange for a diner to be closed in a college town. too many vegans maybe. rolleyes1.gif

try it lighter and see. I know for my way of seeing I'm drawn to light areas first and the contrast to dark they provide is much more interesting overall.
  • PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    D0rk Angle wrote:

Great picture.

I would like to see a bit more contrast with the whites standing out a bit more. I do believe that adding a bit of punch would have the picture jump out more without sacrificing the mood you're trying to convey. But that's just me :-)

Peter
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    Like the shot. :D
    I agree about the too dark thing. Kind of takes away from its drama.
    Michael
  • D0rk AngleD0rk Angle Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!