Options

Gallery "Make a Copy" problem

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited January 25, 2010 in Bug Reporting
I just used Tools "make a copy" to make copies of 4 photos in my Fauna gallery. New copies are first 4 in thumbs. Looking at the Photo Info for the copies, the Date Modified, Date Taken, Date Digitized info is missing (it exists on originals). Why? Is this intentional? Please advise. Thanks.
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2010
    Hi Al, and thanks for bringing this to our attention!

It looks like you've found a bug, and after talking with our engineers this has been reported and they're working on a fix. We're sorry about the inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards,
    Steph
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2010
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Al, and thanks for bringing this to our attention!

It looks like you've found a bug, and after talking with our engineers this has been reported and they're working on a fix. We're sorry about the inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards,
    Steph
    Thanks, Steph. Does that mean that the missing date info will be displayed later, after bug fix, on these copies if I move them elsewhere?
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    agallia wrote:
    Thanks, Steph. Does that mean that the missing date info will be displayed later, after bug fix, on these copies if I move them elsewhere?
    no, not unless you re-gen the images (rotate, watermark, etc)
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, Andy. OK. This bug wasn't always around as I have other copies generated a while back that do have the date info. Any idea when it will be fixed as I do not want to make copies with missing info? Thanks.
    Acadiana Al
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    I noticed this today, too, with a couple photos I copied and moved. Glad it's being looked at!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2010
    Andy wrote:

You should be able to pretty easily track the copies that have been made on the site since the bug appeared, right? Wouldn't it make sense that you re-render the copies for us? If not, I think you should send out a message to everyone that copies will have no metadata.

Malte