Acadia Morning - C&C Please

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited January 23, 2010 in Landscapes
I have been doing some random processing and pulled out this one from the Acadia shootout. I have the horizontal version in my gallery but wanted to add a vertical view. This is early morning (past sunrise) shooting at Thunder Hole.

Please give me some good C&C on both, and tell me which one you prefer. They are very similar, but the crops and overall tones are a little different.

Thanks!
Lauren

1. 2 exposure HDR, finished in PS with curves/levels + Topaz Adjust Photo Pop
771145288_mGJVg-L.jpg

2. 2 exposure HDR, blended with single exposure sky, finished in PS with curves/levels
771145891_9LksH-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    This is very nice shot! I like the second one for a few reasons. One, it has less of an HDR feel. Neither really scream HDR but at first glance I could tell something was a little different. The main reason I like #2 is the rocks on the right edge towards the middle have a little more shadow detail than the pure black they appear in #1. The sun's brightness is also controlled better in #2. (Perhaps if you did some local brightening of that area it would look even better.) All things considered, I think it's a nice shot. thumb.gif
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    Love these!! Nice job!!clap.gif
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery