Black and white with color?

DeeLibDeeLib Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited August 2, 2005 in Finishing School
I have a few pictures I'd like to change to black and white (which I know how to do) but I'd like to put a touch of color on them...I LOVE this effect! How do you do it? I probably don't have the right software...what do I need? HELP!

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited July 29, 2005
    DeeLib wrote:
    I have a few pictures I'd like to change to black and white (which I know how to do) but I'd like to put a touch of color on them...I LOVE this effect! How do you do it? I probably don't have the right software...what do I need? HELP!
    Most of us here use Photoshop in one of its versions, but Photoshop Elements 3 is a cheaper and quite effective tool. Paint Shop Pro is another.

Most allow using a history brush to paint back in the color from a previous state, after the conversion to a B&W. There are many, many ways tocinvert to B&W, that can be found here and elsewhere by googling B&W conversion

One thread here on dgrin can be found here - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=14266&highlight=conversion
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    DeeLib wrote:

wave.gif hi deelib, please try the search here on dgrin, there's loads of excellent info on your subject

here's a post i made on the very subject :D
  • DeeLibDeeLib Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2005
    THANKS! clap.gif I'm going to play with it today during work...I mean lunch!
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2005
    Hi Dee,
    Another thing to search on would be a duotone. ltdesignphoto is a new DGrin user and seems to really have a handle on the duotones. Not sure if that's what you are looking for but something to look at.

Good Luck,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister