Options

a few from 1/21/10

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited January 25, 2010 in Street and Documentary
posted these in the challenge forum, but am curious to see what the fine folks over here have to say. Maybe someday i will get the guts to venture out of my house and shoot strangers. Yes you read that right, i want to shoot strangers.

1.cookin' up a strategy
771512451_UDY9h-L.jpg

2. Full of ideas
771521351_oJydh-L.jpg

3.Wannabes
771511931_tG7Dw-L.jpg

4.Daddy to the rescue
771512573_mAfRJ-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    #3 is priceless - the best of the batch, imo.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    sara505 wrote:
    #3 is priceless - the best of the batch, imo.

I agree.

You did it (captured one of those small moments).clap.gif
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    I'm loving #4 (Daddy to the Rescue). Only one I don't particularly care for is #2. The main guy has a good expression but the b/g guy feels like he's really looming over and not in sync w/ the main guy. I like #1 (not as much as #2), and #3 is great with the little one, but the larger context isn't fully working for me -- but I could (and likely am) very wrong.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2010
    thank you all. I put 3 in the challenge. 1 and 2 I thought were kinda funny with the light above his head...maybe I'm the only one that got it.
    liz, i meant to respond to this in the other thread, but the fuzziness on her hair in 4 was just slower shutter speed. anyway i have some learning to do in this area. thanks again!
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2010
    lilmomma wrote:
    thank you all. I put 3 in the challenge. 1 and 2 I thought were kinda funny with the light above his head...maybe I'm the only one that got it.
    liz, i meant to respond to this in the other thread, but the fuzziness on her hair in 4 was just slower shutter speed. anyway i have some learning to do in this area. thanks again!

A very nice group of images. And don't worry about the overhead light, or any of those other 'rule breakers.' rolleyes1.gif You've captured special, quiet moments here - and accomplishing that is far more important that obeying the 'rules.' :D
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed