Options

Wrong serial !!

FreezframeFreezframe Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
edited January 26, 2010 in Finishing School
After installing CS4 EX" with product serial off CD.. I notice that the serial # under System Info was not the same as given Serial...Is the system given a new # after Registration ??

Brady :dunno
Dad/Photograher:ivar

Comments

• Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    Freezframe wrote:
    After installing CS4 EX" with product serial off CD.. I notice that the serial # under System Info was not the same as given Serial...Is the system given a new # after Registration ??

Brady ne_nau.gif
    Is it completely different or just missing the last 4 or 5 numbers?
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2010
    Hot even in the Ball Park !!!
    RogersDA wrote:
    Is it completely different or just missing the last 4 or 5 numbers?

Not close what so ever !!!
    Where is the Serial at ....Windows ,Systems etc ?? ne_nau.gif

Brady
  • Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    I learned a few weeks ago that the serial# shown under System Info is not the same as the product serial number on the CD case. Don't know why ... it's just the way Adobe does things. I tried several Serial Number retrieval programs to no avail. It's not a problem. Just never lose the number on the CD case.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • Options
    PixoulPixoul Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    Simple. The number shown on the info screen is a support number generated from the serial number and/or activation key. That way tech support can look you up from the support number but someone looking over your shoulder can't copy the number down to install another version.
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2010
    Thanx for replies !!
    Pixoul wrote:
    Simple. The number shown on the info screen is a support number generated from the serial number and/or activation key. That way tech support can look you up from the support number but someone looking over your shoulder can't copy the number down to install another version.

Now hiding the original key is a good Idea !! I was wondering if it was a technical reason...

Thanx again: Brady:ivar