First HDR - How'd I do?

du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
edited January 23, 2010 in Landscapes
Went to Laurel Falls today outside Gatlinburg, TN. On the trail, I ran into this charming little "falls" and decided to use it as my first HDR experiment. I really have no idea of what I'm doing, but wanted to give it a go. How'd I do?

771745738_QEBSo-M.jpg

Thanks,
d8
H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff

Comments

• craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    It doesn't really look like HDR; I wouldn't have known if you hadn't said it was. In that sense I would say it may be a success, because I usually hate pictures that scream, "Look at me! I'm cool because I'm HDR!"

If the dynamic range of the scene was such that the original exposures all have either a murky foreground or a badly blown-out sky in the background (here it looks just overcast rather than blown-out), then I'd say your use of HDR has quite effectively worked around both of those problems.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.