Local aspiring actor

B RockB Rock Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited January 24, 2010 in People

Comments

• Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    Not sure what the big white thing to the right is (fountain??), or what kind of acting he's aspiring to do.

But, I like it. Good Job clap.gif
    Jer
  • cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    I would crop out the white thing, but aside from that its a great shot.
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    The brightness of the right side is distracting from the person. I would get away from direct sunlight (indirect sunlight works well).

Most headshots are shot in portrait mode and black and white. You should check on this before going with your format (not sure if it is because it can be easily photocopied or faxed). Finally, is this the expression he wants to convey? He probably has an idea of his "look" and you should ask him.
  • B RockB Rock Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    Thanks for the C&C everyone. This is the look he was going for. In fact most of the photos I took he had this same expression. I do have plenty of portrait oriented shots that I have yet to process. This shot is more for myself and my portfolio. The fountain on the right is a bit distracting but I thought if I cropped it out it would ruin the composition. I liked how he was on the left side of the frame. Any ideas for removing the fountain but maintaining a good composition? Possibly I can just darken that area to make it less distracting. Anyways, thanks for the criticism, it helps me grow as a photographer and I love every bit of it! deal.gif
    edited January 24, 2010
    This is something I just threw together... The easiest way to fix it would to crop it as an 8x10, then use the patch tool to get rid of the white. But, you could use the clone tool and get rid of the fountain without losing the 2x3 ratio.
    Jer
  • cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    Now that I see it cropped, I thunk I like the original crop better. Maybe just clone out the fountain.
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
    edited January 24, 2010
    cbbr wrote:
    Now that I see it cropped, I thunk I like the original crop better. Maybe just clone out the fountain.
    I'm pretty bored today... again, what it would look like without the fountain, not cropped.
    Jer