The Elusive Lady

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited January 29, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
772518020_Aw5bX-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

Oh I like this one, very nicely done, great tones and colors,

and the composition really just adds so much to the overall

image. The little window to the right is just perfect to finish off

the image.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    I agree with Criag -- this one is a winner thumb.gif
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    Yeah, she is elusive. I looked all over and could not see her... WAIT... you mean the statue, don't you? rolleyes1.gif

Nice take. I like the small window to balance the shot and give us a hint of what else lays beyond.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited January 25, 2010
    Really nice composition and good color. I also like the little window with a bit of red showing through. Good work. thumb.gif
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2010
    Hi Craig,

Thanks for the kind remarks. St. Augustine is a town you and Karen would really enjoy. So much history there.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited January 25, 2010
    Hi Mary,

Thanks for the nice comment. When my creative juices are running low....as they have been lately....I grab my camera and head to St. Augustine. It's impossible to not find a neat shot somewhere in the old, historic area.

Take care,

Tom
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2010
    Hey Tom,

Looks like you aligned the gate iron just right to keep this in a "public" forum rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
    edited January 25, 2010
    Hey Rainbow,

Thanks for the nice comment.

Tom
    edited January 25, 2010
    Yo Randy,

My my, you are certainly a sharp-eyed devil.

Take care,

Tom
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    Regardless of the positioning of the wrought iron, she's looking at you and she doesn't look happy. :D

Wonderful shot, Tom! Absolutely beautiful! thumb.gif

Now, I have tomorrow off from work and the computer just got a new hard drive (after the old one decided it had nothing more to say to the motherboard), so I'm ready to go out shooting. . . . Except for the one to two inches of rain expected to douse the Southland throughout the day. :(: :help
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    clap.gif WELL DONE, TOM....... azzaro
    edited January 27, 2010
    Hey Lee,

Thanks for the gracious comments. I've been missing your work....glad to hear you'll be back in production soon. Get the pictures rolling.

Take care,

Tom
    edited January 27, 2010
    Hi Azzaro,

Thanks for your support.

Take care,

Tom
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    rwells wrote:
    Hey Tom,

Looks like you aligned the gate iron just right to keep this in a "public" forum rolleyes1.gif

Gads... I missed that entirely till just now. mwink.gif Not sure if that's a good
    thing or what. I'll start with it being a good thing and head out from there.
    Michael
    edited January 28, 2010
    Hey Michael,

Good to hear from you. How about throwing some pictures our way.

Tom
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Hi Craig,

Thanks for the kind remarks. St. Augustine is a town you and Karen would really enjoy. So much history there.

Take care,

Tom
    I knew when I saw that photo that I'd seen that scene. One of the small streets south of the center of town right around where Avenida Menendez curves around and becomes St Francis Street I think.

I think I took a very similar photograph, but it didn't work because I didn't keep it. I think I tried shooting through the gate instead of including the wall as you did. Yours works, mine didn't.

My daughter lives in Jax Beach, so when I drive up there from Orlando I take 1 or A1A so I can go through St Augustine.

Nice shot.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Tom,
    :D
    Will have to get something up then. Did post a spider pic in Holy Macro
    the other day. Not half bad as shot from a P&S. The major plus there was
    the little dude was in a mood to hold real still for me while I figured out a
    comp and such.
    Michael
    edited January 29, 2010
    Hi Tony,

Next time you're up my way, and you can spare a little while, why don't you give me a call and let's get together for some coffee. I'd love to chat with you. I could meet you there in St. Augustine. I'm there a lot.

I've shot the " Elusive Lady " scene many times. This is, by far, the best version of the bunch. The key is to wait for a very flat, overcast day....otherwise the shadows and uneven lighting that prevails there creates too much difficulty. Like you, I've shot through the gate before. I finally decided that including the wall added the needed elements to create the mood I was after and to heighten the sense of elusiveness.

Take care,

Tom