It's hard being a kid

SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited January 26, 2010 in People
773624186_srp8W-L.jpg

Ok, so this is far from ideal.

What could I have done to make this better?

Shooting conditions:
40D
50mm 1.8
100 ISO
Flourescent screw lamp
Black sheet
:dunno

Comments

• CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2010
    er...looks kinda...scarey. Like a promo for a thriller/horror film. No, clearly that doesn't help you. Just thought I'd let you know what I got from the pic.
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
  • The_Fat_ZebraThe_Fat_Zebra Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    I do think that bottom up light will always give you this kind of scary effect. I think you should post what it is exactly you were aiming for so that ppl can comment on how to achieve your objective. Without that, I'd say the image looks underexposed to me, and you'd want softer shadows on the boy's face.
    Street & Portrait because of the people. Landscape because it's pretty.
    Disappointed with AF of Tamron 28-75 2.8, me less happy.
  • cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    My first thought was when I was a kid and held a flashlight under my chin to look scary.

Just from the title, I was looking for something that was more "sympathetic" but it may be that you were looking for a "hard" look as in "prison" (no offense, just can't think of a better way to put it) and if so I think that you definitely achieved "hard" with the lighting.
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.