Options

Congratulations to cmurph for the DSS #42 (Photojournalism in B&W) Winning Photo

2»

Comments

• Options
    cmurphcmurph Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    wings.gifThank y'all so much this is such a wonderful community. This was clearly one of our tougher rounds that pushed us all in different directions . This round has seen its fair share of friendly debate with a touch dgrin spice which made for some interesting reading. Y'all I am simply blessed and humbled by your support, kindness, and friendship you have given me. I can not begin to put into words how much this means to me.

I want to give our judges (Winston and Trevorly) a very big Thank You! I know it can take a great deal of time to do what you have done and you both deserver all of our appreciation. Winston I read your guest judges comments and I have to say you clearly put a lot of thought into your selections and I truly appreciate your dedication to our group. I would also like to say thank you to Kerry who keeps us all going, your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.

Congratulations to all fourteen in this round we are all winners in my book. I would also like to say to those who did not make the cut this round to keep on trying and don't give up you are all great photographers and it is a pleasure to be shooting with you.

Time to close the door on this round and open our windows to the next round...can't wait to see what happens next!
    :wow
  • Options
    Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Congrats!!! Very well done!!
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Congrats on the win!
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Congrats Chris on a well deserved PJ win clap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Way to go cmurphclap.gif and all the other top 5clap.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    fotoeffectsfotoeffects Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Congrats to emurph!
    Congratulation
  • Options
    mblondemblonde Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    congrats
    congrats cmurph!
    MATT BLONDE
    P H O T O G R A P H Y
    mblonde.smugmug.com
    MattBlondePhoto@cox.net
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    CONGRATS CMURPH! I would also like to second everything that you said about the judges and this community as a whole word for word. I have grown so much just being here.

When I first saw that I had come in second by one vote the competitive side of me was like "Aw man, grumble, grumble, grumble!" But that lasted all of about 1/10 of a nanosecond:heh, then the rational side kicked in. First, just to make the top 5 in this group is hard enough as it is, but to place second just 1 vote behind first shows me that "My Art" actually is pretty good and an inspiration to keep at it.. Thank you to all who voted for "Eternal Vigilance". Thank you to the group as a whole for pushing me to better my craft. And thank you DGrin for givings us a place to play and learn.
    — Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Congratulations Chris! That was a terrific shot. thumb.gif

And, congratulations to the rest of you, too!
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    KevXman wrote:
    CONGRATS CMURPH! I would also like to second everything that you said about the judges and this community as a whole word for word. I have grown so much just being here.

When I first saw that I had come in second by one vote the competitive side of me was like "Aw man, grumble, grumble, grumble!" But that lasted all of about 1/10 of a nanosecond:heh, then the rational side kicked in. First, just to make the top 5 in this group is hard enough as it is, but to place second just 1 vote behind first shows me that "My Art" actually is pretty good and an inspiration to keep at it.. Thank you to all who voted for "Eternal Vigilance". Thank you to the group as a whole for pushing me to better my craft. And thank you DGrin for givings us a place to play and learn.
    — Kevin

mwink.gif Now you get to play in the next Mega, Kevin!
  • Options
    DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Congratulations...
  • Options
    TEWMOMTEWMOM Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    KevXman wrote:

— Kevin

Well I wholeheartedly agree with the both of you, first of alll both your shots were amazing and richly deserved spots 1&2. This was only my second time competing in the challenges and to have made it to the finals was a huge thrill, never mind seeing my shot take 3rd place, that knocked my socks off!!! I plan on participating in more challenges so that I can continue to push my photography skills.

Now I have a questions, what is the MegaChallenge?

Thank you to everyone that voted on my shot, I am deeply humbled and appreciative of the support.

Congratulations to everyone that participated, it was a great challenge. clap.gif

Dianne
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Congratulations Cmurph, the other top winners, and everyone chosen for the voting. Some great work!
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    TEWMOM wrote:
    Now I have a questions, what is the MegaChallenge?

It's a finalist round. For more details, check out the official rules, linked in the sticky at the top of this forum. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2010
    Congratulations to emurph!
    Congrats to emurph on such a great winning photo. And congratulations to the other participants who made the finals....a bunch of outstanding images. I was extremely flattered to have my shot included in that group.

learning (fotoeffects, Judy Horton)
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2010
    richtersl wrote:
    mwink.gif Now you get to play in the next Mega, Kevin!

Linda, I'm not so sure that that is a good thing.:D
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2010
    Humbled to be in the top five
    KevXman wrote:
    Linda, I'm not so sure that that is a good thing.:D
    Wow, I am really surprised I made the top five considering the quality of all the finalists. Congrats to everyone and thanks to the judges who made it all possible. I was thrilled to even make the finals. This one really stimulated a lot of folks to participate and I think that is terrific. The more we try, the better we become at our craft.