Options

Shooting a prom?

rokklymrokklym Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited January 25, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
I was referred to a school to photograph their Prom since the one they had backed out. The Prom isn't until May, but they wanted to know how much I'd charge. Actually, what she asked was if I had a Prom photo package, and if I was willing and available that date. I would like to do it, I think it is a grat chance to connect with kids for their senior portraits.

I really don't know how they normally have their photos done so I have no clue what to charge. Do I just offer to shoot and make money off print sales? I don't have a sub dye printer or anything like that so I would plan on just having card made up with the website address where they could order.

I do have a few questions that I'm going to ask her, like how long do they need me, how much space I'd get to set up, if they are providing a background or if they have a theme they want to go with.

Any tips, hint, suggestions? :scratch
www.lonewolfstudios.us
Olympus E3 w HLD4, E520, E510 11-22mm, 50-200mm,35mm macro, 14-42mm, 40-150, FL50R & FL36R
http://rokklym.smugmug.com/
We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life,to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment no matter what.
- George Santayana, "The philosophy of travel"