Is self fulfillment coming?

KCDale99KCDale99 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited February 15, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I know there is a way to hack together a cart that works with paypal, but I would like to know if smugmug is going to be adding self fulfillment to pro level accounts? If so is there a rough estimate? 3 months? 6 months.. 2 years?

Thanks!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    Hugely important to us, and on our list of things to get to. We don't give time frames but I can tell you that this one has our attention.
  • KCDale99KCDale99 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited January 26, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    Hugely important to us, and on our list of things to get to. We don't give time frames but I can tell you that this one has our attention.

I am glad to hear it! I will keep checking back from time to time... once this is in and working I want to move my galleries back to Smugmug. I love smugmug, I just prefer to self fulfill my orders.

Thanks Andy and keep up the good work.
  • CafepicsCafepics Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 27, 2010
    Self Fulfillment
    If it means anything, I am interested in this feature as well. Thinking about other options than Smug. Would like to continue if you are planning to develope this as a feature-
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2010
    Head over to User Voice:

http://smugmug.uservoice.com/forums/17723-smugmug

Vote there as well.

ann

Cafepics wrote:
    If it means anything, I am interested in this feature as well. Thinking about other options than Smug. Would like to continue if you are planning to develope this as a feature-
  • AFBlueAFBlue Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Head over to User Voice:

http://smugmug.uservoice.com/forums/17723-smugmug

Vote there as well.

ann

Just did that. I'm somewhat surprised that this issue is only ranked #7. Maybe because it is an issue only for pros, or, I wonder if having to go to another site and create another user ID and password limits/inhibits people from going to User Voice. If so, SM may not be getting an accurate "voice of the people." The level/type/number of comments in DGrin probably more truly reflect what users really want than entries in User Voice.
  • BenjaminTrevorBenjaminTrevor Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 15, 2010
    Me Too
    I vote for self fulfillment too. Nothing against BayPhoto, my clients have been very happy with their prints. Just got 4 Thin Wraps from them for my studio this week and I love them.

BUT, I want to support other local business in my area including the local labs. I really enjoy being able to 1) see a print before it's mounted, 2) pickup rush orders myself, 3) walk in the front door of the lab and know the staff by name (and they know me).

So, I'll keep SmugMug around for sure but until they offer a self fulfillment option I'm gong to be using another service for most of my client orders.

Keep us posted because I LOVE the interface.

Ben