Options

Opinions Please

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited August 2, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
I'm not sure if this would be the best forum for this or not.

I just finished designing my new logo. I was going for simple shapes with a simple but complex color design I wanted it to jump out at you but not with extreme detail.

All comments and opinions are welcome.

Thanks.

30234038-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    Khaos wrote:

I just finished designing my new logo. I was going for simple shapes with a simple but complex color design I wanted it to jump out at you but not with extreme detail.

Thanks.
    I think your company name rocks...by itself. Really, the graphics seem to be overwhelming and almost distractive. It's almost like I can't find a logical connection between the two. I think you ought to run off with the name.
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    Khaos wrote:

Thanks.

30234038-M.jpg
    I like it very nicly done imho clap.gif
    One thing is I don't see "Khaos Photography" or something like that
    To let people know who see it the first time, what type of business your in.
    Just a thought ne_nau.gif

Looks great to me

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2005
    Thanks for the comments. The site will be about photography, humor, essays, etc. I'll have the galleries hosted by smug mug in a subdomain.

I like to write as well as take pictures. I dream of being paid to do both. I'm full of opinions and ideas. There are some that think I'm full of something else.:D

Designing the site was easy. Writing the code to have it work the way I want to is another thing. It's not that it's difficult code, but more that I'm not trained in it. Things are definately different now with xml, css, and javascript. I hope to have everything up by the end of summer.

Here's how my business card will look.

30278341-M.jpg
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    Keith
    Khaos wrote:
    Thanks for the comments. The site will be about photography, humor, essays, etc. I'll have the galleries hosted by smug mug in a subdomain.

I like to write as well as take pictures. I dream of being paid to do both. I'm full of opinions and ideas. There are some that think I'm full of something else.:D

Designing the site was easy. Writing the code to have it work the way I want to is another thing. It's not that it's difficult code, but more that I'm not trained in it. Things are definately different now with xml, css, and javascript. I hope to have everything up by the end of summer.

Here's how my business card will look.

30278341-M.jpg
    Judging from your business card creativity won't be a problem icon10.gif
    Looks great to me and it has everything on thereclap.gif

Remember to put how to get in touch with you icon10.gif

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    I didn't reply at 1st cause I figured I didn't know what I was talkin about.
    but since it's been mentioned> I like the Graphics without the words ne_nau.gif
    Like I dig your new Avatar!!
  • Options
    nillaismydognillaismydog Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    just my 2 cents... I think that maybe making the shapes a little smaller might help draw your eye in more. And for the business card I think the blue behind the white font should maybe be a different color. It looks like it doesn't belong (if that makes sense). I think it's a great Logo though! I'm very interested in seeing the completed site!
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2005
    USAIR wrote:
    Judging from your business card creativity won't be a problem icon10.gif
    Looks great to me and it has everything on thereclap.gif

Remember to put how to get in touch with you icon10.gif

Thanks
    Fred
    Thanks Fred.

The site will have different sections and each will have a dedicated email for me to be able to organize what I'm getting emailed on.

I love owning my own domain and having the host tell me I have 500 email addresses to use.:D
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    I didn't reply at 1st cause I figured I didn't know what I was talkin about.
    but since it's been mentioned> I like the Graphics without the words ne_nau.gif
    Like I dig your new Avatar!!
    Thanks Ben.

The logo itself will be used on it's own in various forms also. I'm working on different variations to also incorporate it with the title.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2005
    just my 2 cents... I think that maybe making the shapes a little smaller might help draw your eye in more. And for the business card I think the blue behind the white font should maybe be a different color. It looks like it doesn't belong (if that makes sense). I think it's a great Logo though! I'm very interested in seeing the completed site!
    Thanks nilla's owner. I appreciate any cents I can get.:D

I am working on different variations and one will be a smaller design for the shapes. The card in total black didn't look good so I wanted a nuetral, read gray, background border on top and bottom. I tried full border and didn't like it.
    The gray does lean towards blue, but it's still more gray, you may have a monitor color calibration issue. Of course I may also be slightly color blind.:D
  • Options
    nillaismydognillaismydog Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    Thanks nilla's owner. I appreciate any cents I can get.:D

I am working on different variations and one will be a smaller design for the shapes. The card in total black didn't look good so I wanted a nuetral, read gray, background border on top and bottom. I tried full border and didn't like it.
    The gray does lean towards blue, but it's still more gray, you may have a monitor color calibration issue. Of course I may also be slightly color blind.:D
    I guess my monitor is a bit unreliable... it really does look blue on my screen... I think gray would look great though! I'll just use my imagination :):
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2005
    I like the new logo. I saw it in you avatar and thought " wow that's cool"

As for the blue/grey, it looks more blue than grey on my monitor also.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com