Gathering on The Outdoor Carpet

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited January 27, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Took this last summer. Finally got to editing it. It's alittle different, but I kind of like it ----

774257160_L3Ck5-L.jpg

Comments

• PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    Took this last summer. Finally got to editing it. It's alittle different, but I kind of like it ----

Very interesting Mary. I like the color and the DOF. Good pic. thumb.gif

Peter
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    Peter wrote:
    Very interesting Mary. I like the color and the DOF. Good pic. thumb.gif

Peter

Hi Peter --

I'm happy someone else likes it besides me rolleyes1.gif

I tried to work with the bottom some, but my PP skills aren't that good.

Thanks for looking and commenting Peter :D
    edited January 26, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    Hi Peter --

I'm happy someone else likes it besides me rolleyes1.gif

I tried to work with the bottom some, but my PP skills aren't that good.

Your picture reminds me of when we had outdoor carpet on our sundeck. It was the same kind of color, rusty brown. It would gather leaves, dirt and the blond hair from our golden lab. The old pouch is no longer with us :cry . . . and the outdoor carpet has long ago been replaced with cedar boards. Sometimes it just too clean . . . if you what I mean :-)

When you say the bottom, do you mean your banner on the photo?

Peter
    edited January 26, 2010
    Peter wrote:
    Your picture reminds me of when we had outdoor carpet on our sundeck. It was the same kind of color, rusty brown. It would gather leaves, dirt and the blond hair from our golden lab. The old pouch is no longer with us :cry . . . and the outdoor carpet has long ago been replaced with cedar boards. Sometimes it just too clean . . . if you what I mean :-)

When you say the bottom, do you mean your banner on the photo?

Peter

Sorry to hear about your dog -- We just lost our oldest golden a few weeks ago :cry :cry :cry Her hair is there on the carpet along with her sister's hair. I know what you mean about things "sometimes being to clean". This one was a hard one to edit. I'm sure your dog loved to lay on the carpet as much as our Hannah did.

When I mentioned the bottom I was having issues with the blur. I had hoped it wasn't so much, but I just can't think of what to do with it other then crop it off. That wouldn't look to good tho. My watermark covers up some of the blur rolleyes1.gif Maybe add some noise???? I have not a clue....
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    Howdy Mary,

This really has an interesting feel to it, the colors seem to draw you in, and then selected focus on the young moss or plants.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited January 26, 2010
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Mary,

This really has an interesting feel to it, the colors seem to draw you in, and then selected focus on the young moss or plants.

Hi Craig --

I didn't mean to do the selected focus on this photo. Wish it hadn't come out that way. Still kinda neat tho.

Moss..they say it grows on the north side of a tree -- this carpet is on the east side of the house headscratch.gif

Thanks for looking and commenting Craig :D
    edited January 26, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    Sorry to hear about your dog -- We just lost our oldest golden a few weeks ago :cry :cry :cry Her hair is there on the carpet along with her sister's hair. I know what you mean about things "sometimes being to clean". This one was a hard one to edit. I'm sure your dog loved to lay on the carpet as much as our Hannah did.

When I mentioned the bottom I was having issues with the blur. I had hoped it wasn't so much, but I just can't think of what to do with it other then crop it off. That wouldn't look to good tho. My watermark covers up some of the blur rolleyes1.gif Maybe add some noise???? I have not a clue....

Sorry to hear about your dog! Yup, our dog loved laying on the carpet. On a sunny day he would stretch out as far as possible, followed with a big sigh of contentment and drift away into dream land . . .

I liked the blur. It really draws attention to the center of the image. I wouldn't change it :-)
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited January 27, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:

I don't think it needs to be altered one bit. It's an attractive shot. thumb.gif
    edited January 27, 2010
    Peter wrote:
    Sorry to hear about your dog! Yup, our dog loved laying on the carpet. On a sunny day he would stretch out as far as possible, followed with a big sigh of contentment and drift away into dream land . . .

I liked the blur. It really draws attention to the center of the image. I wouldn't change it :-)

Thank you Peter --

The blur does draw attention to the center that's for sure rolleyes1.gif Thought there was way to much of it. I cropped it some, but can't crop it anymore. I'll leave it :D
    edited January 27, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    I don't think it needs to be altered one bit. It's an attractive shot. thumb.gif

Thank you Richard :D It stays "as is".