Young lady on bench.

wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
edited July 30, 2005 in People
There is a small joke here somewhere. The lights in the background are blown out..........what else should I have done different?

29596006_c1217c2e09_o.jpg

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited July 30, 2005
    wally5656 wrote:
    There is a small joke here somewhere. The lights in the background are blown out..........what else should I have done different?

29596006_c1217c2e09_o.jpg

Welcome Wally. She is lovely.

I think I would have gotten a lot closer to her, if my aim was to photograph the lovely young lady. And I would have moved her slightly off center as well, to avoid the central dead zone. This would have avoided the bright highlights behind her as well perhaps.
    I think I would have added fill flash also as the lighting on her is a dappled mixture of light and shadow from the shade trees. The dappled light filtering through trees is usually not very pleasing for people and impossible to correct after the shot is taken in photoshop. Better to create better lighting with the shooting of the photograph. Always think about using fill flash - it can really help you create better images.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Welcome Wally. She is lovely.

I think I would have gotten a lot closer to her, if my aim was to photograph the lovely young lady. And I would have moved her slightly off center as well, to avoid the central dead zone. This would have avoided the bright highlights behind her as well perhaps.
    I think I would have added fill flash also as the lighting on her is a dappled mixture of light and shadow from the shade trees. The dappled light filtering through trees is usually not very pleasing for people and impossible to correct after the shot is taken in photoshop. Better to create better lighting with the shooting of the photograph. Always think about using fill flash - it can really help you create better images.
    Thanks pathfinder........I will keep that in mind next time!