Focal Point

SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
edited January 28, 2010 in Street and Documentary
774355305_ovTe2-L.jpg
Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951

Comments

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2010
    774355305_ovTe2-L.jpg

Very nice shot. It would be even nicer if you had been lower, and more to the left. That way we'd be at the level of the street people, seeing the way they see, and the guy making the donation would be coming toward you, into the photo. (Hey, I'm supposed to provide criticism, right? rolleyes1.gif )
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Thanks for your comments and I'll bear them in mind for next time.

I'm really interested in hearing your thoughts, and those of others, on how to deal with the possibility that people will change their behaviour if they are aware that they are being observed/photographed.......

headscratch.gif
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Thanks for your comments and I'll bear them in mind for next time.

I'm really interested in hearing your thoughts, and those of others, on how to deal with the possibility that people will change their behaviour if they are aware that they are being observed/photographed.......

headscratch.gif

If you are close, they will eventually notice you. Your demeanour amongst other things will determine how they react. The question is whether you intend to take more shots afterwards. If you do, you need to be ready to spend some time with them. It will be a while before they just get on with things and start behaving normally.