Options

Composite Photos

Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
edited January 29, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
I have been asked to take some portraits of the band members. The company who has been doing is no longer available.

The question I have is about composite photos --- like the huge ones that have individual pics of every member. If you don't know what I mean it is the first hit when I search composite photos on Google. If there are 100 kids in the band it could take me all day to insert them as individual layers. Is there an easier way????

Rene`

Comments

• Options
    jh4wvujh4wvu Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2010
    Take a look at http://www.lumapix.com/extreme/ext_overview.shtml (Scroll down a little -- it talks about composites.)

It is $300 though; however, you can download a trial version to see if this would work for you.

Someone else may have a cheaper solution.

Chris
  • Options
    Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    jh4wvu wrote:
    Take a look at http://www.lumapix.com/extreme/ext_overview.shtml (Scroll down a little -- it talks about composites.)

It is $300 though; however, you can download a trial version to see if this would work for you.

Someone else may have a cheaper solution.

Chris

Thanks Chris! I would love to hear from someone who has used it. Appears complicated! I downloaded in and looked at it briefly!
  • Options
    tlphotostlphotos Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Lumapix fotofusion recommendation
    I'll vouch for the Lumapix fotofusion software. I have the Enhanced version ($120?) and it is great, I use it for sports collages. I find it very easy to use and I can whip out collages in no time. Their tutorials are quick and very helpful. They also have a lot of prefab templates that are very nice. The Lumapix site has a quick demo of the software capabilities, it does not take long to learn and it really is that fast creating layouts. The only thing I've had trouble with (and may just be me and my lack of Photoshop experience) is inserting cutouts.

Fotofusion is mostly marketed to digital scrapbookers and wedding photographers and does an excellent job with collages and montages. I would recommend it.