Photo Sale

RuSuRuSu Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited January 27, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have a Power account, not Pro, but I didn't know where else to post this question, so feel free to move it.

I just received an inquiry (our 1st) from someone wanting to buy prints of some of our photos. We're amateur photographers & hadn't really considered selling prints. As I understand from just reviewing the Power account options, we are able to sell prints, but can not set our own pricing, is this correct?

First question/problem is, how to do this?

1. The "buy" option is presently disabled on all our pages. Do I need to enable this if I want people to be able to buy directly through SM?

2. Pricing for various print sizes would then be those pre-determined by SM, yes?

3. Money received from a sale would go to SM & be credited to our account, correct?

4. What if someone wants to buy a digital download? Does this function in the same way?

These are my intial questions, though I might have more based on your responses.

Since we are amateurs, it's not worth it for us to upgrade to a pro account, so I'm really intersted what our capabilities are with a Power account.

Sorry for posting this in the Pro section.... Your input/advice appreciated. Thank you.

http://rusu.smugmug.com/
http://rusuphotography.com/

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2010
    Hi,

I'm afraid, you can't use the Power account that way. For Standard and Power users, you can enable the print selling, but this feature is mainly meant to allow you to have friends&family easily buy prints. The buyers are just charged our lab's default cost and you won't get any money nor will you be notified of any sale.

Digital downloads are only available on Pro accounts.

To be able to notified of sales and get a profit, you have to have a Pro account and have custom prices set.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero