Batch Editing

Artful EyeArtful Eye Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited January 27, 2010 in Digital Darkroom
Hello! I was wondering what a good software program is for batch editing of your photographs. I spend so much time hand editing each photograph in a shoot, that it is eating up my cost time! Thank you! I currently use a Nikon software, Picasa (although when I edit on this, I can not get it to save in the original high resolution format), and photoshop. Of course when I had special orders, I would edit further in Photoshop, but for just batch editing, what do you use? THANKS!!

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2010
    PhotoShop.

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Kyle DKyle D Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2010
    I do 95% of my editing in Capture NX2, including batch processing the files. It is a great program. If you find it a little difficult to use because it's different from photoshop then definitely check out Jason Odell's ebook, The Photographer's Guide to Capture NX2. I do 99% of my batch processing in NX2, the only time I batch anything in Photoshop Extended CS4 is when I'm resizing for facebook and applying watermarks. Also, in actuality, the only other time I go into Photoshop is to do special effects like quadtonning or if I have some really intricate cloning to do (stray hairs).
    Kyle D.

Not allowed to enter Henry's alone anymore...

Kyle Derkachenko Photography
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2010
    I use Lightroom for my batch edits and culling. It seems to be a good tool for me, and integrates well with Photoshop if I need more powerful editing.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact